29.6.05

Maternity Clothes "to wear or not to wear" - Doctor's Visits give yet another Date

Maternity Clothes
I love Rob - really I do. And yes, I did meet up with him in Astoria for a meeting and due to the excessively ridiculous traffic we would have hit if we left following the meeting he did take me to my favorite Salvation Army and he did rack shop with me. Fruitlessly. Well that's not entirely true. We did find one top that was do-able for later in the pregnancy. But everything I picked out was...um...not pregnancy appropriate. And Rob, who as I mentioned-hates rack shopping, seemed to come across the LARGEST pregnancy tshirts and they were all pink. Um - YUCK. And for the record if I couldn't wear it NOW or in the next 6 months then I couldn't buy it (Rob's rule.) SUCKS. So I left behind a whole bunch of really cute tops and I took the $4 shirt Rob found to the register and left the store, one shirt richer but with nothing I could wear that very instant. Getting into the car, we headed home right?

WRONG.

Mid way down the 2nd block, Rob pulls into a parking spot after spotting a Motherhood Maternity Store. Oh Geez. I was dreading entering a maternity only store. Old Navy and Target are safe as they sell all kinds of apparel. But this store - it screams "I'm PREGNANT." So I'll admit it. I was embarrassed to go into it. And if anyone could please explain why it is that the store had a doorbell and a lock (is maternity clothes as precious as jewelry?) I'd appreciate it. So, like a teenager buying her first bra, embarrassed and excited, I entered. I didn't even want to touch the clothes. Everything looked HUGE! And there's Rob - all up in there looking at the stuff and picking stuff out and realizing....

WOW - how is this thing a small?

Did he think I was lying when I said that I'd have issues with maternity clothes cause of my size? So 1/2 an hour later I ended up choosing 2 work safe shirts with the adjustable string in the back so that the entire thing can fold over on itself and you can 'grow' with the shirt. It didn't look horrible and I refused to try it on. And after some discussion as to whether we should just wait it out and buy it in NJ to avoid the 8.25% sales tax in NYC, I opted to just buy the shirts there. Walk up to the register - debit card in hand - and you'd think I'd get the shirt right? Well I did - 15 to 20 minutes later. After answering 100 questions, giving me name and address so they could SPAM me with mailers and such and getting a 'gift bag' of free stuff, I finally was able to get out of the store...YEESH.

So Now that You Own Maternitywear Dianne - What are you going to do??

I'm going to hang it in the closet and not wear it. Not exactly the answer you were expecting? Well, if you know me, I buy something and I have to wear it that same instant. These shirts remained in the bag a for a day. I finally got around to trying them on and, well, I look pregnant in them. And, yes, I know that I AM pregnant but that doesn't mean I should flaunt it just yet. I have more then enough time going ahead to flaunt it. So for now, and until I can no longer fit into anything I own, the shirts will sit nicely waiting for me in my closet

**HEE**

Seriously though, I do need to shop for tops, but am going to opt to go to CHEAP stores (the likes you find teeny boppers in or want to be club kids, that sell the stuff in 'larger' sizes with waist hiding features for those club kids that aren't exactly in the 'small' category. Ya know. It's only temporary anyhow.

Doctor's Visit 6/29

First, lesson learned. Do NOT get an appointment set up the MINUTE the offices open since doctor's notoriously seem to run late. I had a 9am app't. They saw the first person at 9:35am. So yeah. In any case - the stats...

  • Currently weigh in at 120lbs. I have gained only 5 lbs since the start of this pregnancy and don't know how or where I'm going to be able to gain another 20-25 lbs.
  • Blood pressure is 'excellent,' Glucose levels are normal, all is good with the world.
  • Heard the baby's heart beat. Kinda freaky and surreal. But again, I think both Rob and I find ourselves detached. He's heard the sound on TV or something, I've heard it online. Neither one of us were really surprised. But yes - sounds very 'Star Wars' (those were Rob's words) and it's coming in at a very normal 150ish bpm.
  • I still think Rob was a bit disappointed in not being able to see an ultrasound again. I think that's what brings the most realism to him cause he can see something.
  • Have to go in in the next week to have blood drawn for my Alpha-fetoprotein Testing (AFP)
  • Have my script to set up my app't to get my Level II Ultrasound. Found it pretty cool that the doctor actually wrote on the script that we want to know the sex of the baby. I have to call and set up the date at St. Barnabus to do so. Rob seems to look forward to this.

I am now 15 weeks pregnant with an expected due date of 12/20. Hopefully this date will stick. So I wasn't far off. I thought a week ahead.

That would put me just shy of 4 months. WOW.

35% of the pregnancy has passed, there is 65% left to go.

I'm officially in my 2nd trimester.

Baby's about 4 inches long.

Cool.

I think this 'I'm pregnant' thing is starting to kick in. Took long enough didn't it? But seriously. I'm rounding out. I really do need to take a picture. Yesterday, I insisted in wearing a pair of pants I couldn't get buttoned. So I used a large safety pin. It wasn't uncomfortable. I'm thinking baby stuff. When do I ever think baby stuff? And **gasp** I have looked at the stuff online and began the research process. QUIETLY. It's still early on and I'm still scared to 'jinx' it. So no-not entirely ready to talk about it.

Belly Molestation

Goodness, even though people know I hate it, they still insist on trying to attempt to molest my tummy. And not much is showing there yet. For goodness sakes, keep your hands to yourself. Sneaky people to that take advantage of the fact that I'm carrying around a video camera with 2 hands and cannot protect the area. YEESH. I know it's well intentioned though. But I don't' like it.

No comments: