Yes, I love heels and platforms. I love them. And yes, I do find them comfortable. And yes, I still can balance myself on them at 6 months pregnant. Add that I still use the stairs instead of the escalators. I'm happy with my heels and I will rock them as long as I can.
That being said, can you believe I'm 6 months pregnant?? Isn't that insane? I look at my little pregnancy thing that tells me how far along and how much further I have to go. 98 days!!! Good lord that seems so close!
Doctor's App't
So this morning's doctor's appointment was straight to the point. Rob and I, as usual, heard the heartbeat, even though the doc needed to go hunting for it as the little booger moves around a hell of a lot. All normal. I now weigh 128lbs. We talked about changing the due date up to the 5th. The 5th. I was wrong again, as I thought it was the 6th but now they say the 5th. Level II Ultrasound reported all looking up to speed. Doc measured my uterus which is in fact measuring at 25/26 weeks. It is literally under my boobs. I have to start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now as I am only 2 weeks shy of hitting my 3rd trimester. I can't believe I'm moving into the final stages now.
The Surreal Life/Boy there are a lot of other pregnant people out there
Did time fly? I feel like it was only yesterday that I found out I was pregnant and was in denial about it for 2 weeks (or more like 3 months.) Now this little being that squirms around all the time will be with us in less then 100 days. I told Rob that. He jokingly said, "100 days till our lives change." But as much as a joke it was meant to be, it's unbelievably true. So little time and so much to do.
Sunday was pregnancy day I think. I stopped by the 1st birthday party Rob was DJ'ing that are also friends. I met a woman that just had a baby 3 months ago. Her baby was over 9 lbs when born. She carried like me throughout her pregnancy (small) and she had the baby via natural childbirth in about 4 hours. She looked fabulous. The baby looked HUGE. The boy is only 3 months and already as big as a 6/8 month old. WOW. Talk about a lesson in not expecting a small bump to be a small baby.
I was at a friend of the family's event that evening (anniversary party.) There had to be about another 4 to 5 pregnant woman there. All of us in black. One was due next month but the rest were somewhere in the 3 month range. I noticed there (and I noticed this in the pregnant ladies on Saturday's wedding - there were 3) that everyone's bump seems to be rather up high. Like right under their boobs. Whereas, my bump is down lower prominently on my belly button. I don't really feel the booger in my ribs like so many people warned me about. I feel him more when he's doing summersaults on my cervix. Most of the movement and kicks are in my belly button region or below. HMM.
4 comments:
So we had dinner ages ago, huh? Glad I am going to see you again this week. I don't know how 9 months can go by quickly, but it often seems to for pregnant women (well for outside viewers of said pregnant women).
And it is very weird how pregnancy seems to be everywhere these days - tons of online folks, everyone at work, and all sorts of friends trying their best.
And I thought boys were supposed to carry really high? Figures your guy would break the rules.
I actually thought boys carried really low... but what do I know? Do you know what the other ladies were having. I feel like I am carrying low and all my kicks are low too, but then again I am farther behind you. Doesn't time go so fast? I remember you finding out like it was yesterday too. So, how are you guys coming on names. Not that I am asking you to reveal any...just wondering if you had been talking about it/deciding?
Mochamom...
I'm already 7.5 months post partum. Ari was born in December 05.
darling, I can see this is such an old post that your little bump is now a little child, but I'm at 26 weeks and also wearing heels. Google directed me to your blog, so I thought I'd say "way to go, baby!" since so many of my girlfriends kicked their stilettos aside right away.
Still kicking, still looking fab. Hopefully week 38 is as fabulous! ;)
Post a Comment