26.8.05

Preparing your Home for your Baby. All of a sudden, our house is too small

The maternal instinct of nesting truly begins to take over near the 36th week of pregnancy. The mother will have an urge to prepare and ready her home for her new child

As much as they say this is 'maternal,' in my household, that hasn't hit me yet - but it certainly has hit the planner/organizer that is my husband. Our concept of 'out with the armoire and in with the crib has taken on a new meaning as Rob realizes (and this hasn't entirely hit me yet) that the room that the babe will be in is what we currently use as our closet/tv center/dressing room. What to do now? Where do we move our clothes and do we move our clothes? Do we need to build another built in. Do we need to **GASP** actually finally remodel our bedroom? Do we partially finish a room in the basement at least ghetto like?

Overwhelming.

So now plans are to remove the tv from that room - um where are we going to move the digital cable and where are we going to watch what little TV we do watch?? Certainly not on the 13 inch screens in the kitchen and office. I mean, Rome starts on HBO next week. I need a tv that is larger for this. Where are our clothes going? Can't some of the clothes stay in taht room. The babe for the time being does NOT need that many drawers. Where am I going to get ready for work in the morning?

Oh life is going to get really interesting soon.

Bump is quite visible under anything I wear now. Although I can give people doubts, I can no longer hide it. Babe squiggles and moves all the time now. I'm getting pervasiely more tired as the days progress, and the mood swings and overwhelmingless of all that needs to be done with the baby, the business, etc. has taken a toll on me. I'm tired.

But after this weekend, I'm officially on desk duty for Colorblind. I will only be attending certain upcoming weddings but will not be doing a wedding every weekend. I am both torn and upset and grateful for this. I need a break from all the running around but I love it. With luck it will help me catch up on the backlog that is the office piece of the business.

Registry is about 99% finalized. See links on the right hand side where it says 'Baby Registry.' I've also included one of those ticker things that counts how far along I am and how much further I need to go. I'm over 25 weeks now. WOW.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love love love
the bedding! Can't wait to see it in your remodeled room!

Anonymous said...

Cute preggers pictures....you gonna post when you're at nine months? You're funny - you don't notice you are slowing down but we all do - I know you'll deny this vehemently, because we all know that you have the atypical pregnancy, completely unlike all of us veterans who've been there and done that in the preggers trenches - but sorry, must say it - you're startin' to waddle and arch your back. In the end, you're going to be "one of us"......don't fight it......join the sisterhood......we're waiting for you......
love - tia miggy

Anonymous said...

I have been surfing the net for awhile and it feels as if I am trying to find a needle in a haystack to get answers. It has been a relief to find your blog. I particularly enjoyed your most recent post.

Wishing you the best of luck,
Closet Organization