3.11.06

I don't wanna Play. I just want to walk around all day

No, he's not walking on his own. Not quite there yet **but as an aside - congratulations to Emerson and Tyler who have started to take steps on their own** Ari does walk around if you hold at least one of his hands (or if you do the old fashioned trick of putting a scarf under their arms and having it act like a leash.) And there are times when all he wants to do is walk and at those times, cruising with furniture is no fun. He wants to walk from the kitchen to the office and back...over and over and over again


He has managed a total of 5 seconds standing on his own. And at one instant managed to take 1.5 steps but that was more a fluke then anything else. He does thoroughly enjoy standing on his own. He will get himself up to the position - let go - wiggle a bit to maintain balance - smile ridiculously bright because he's so proud of himself and at times tries to applaud his own ability to just stand on his own which throws him off balance and POOF he falls right back down on his bum...and laughs. Then moves to get up again and repeat.

It's all about repeating the activity.

He's also starting to point at things. I always considered doing the sign language and never really read into it. Shame on me. But yeah - he points at everything especially if its in any way illuminated.

Which reminds me that we really need to start the whole baby proof thing. He's already tried one to many times to hit the illuminated power button on the computer.

2 comments:

FrancesM said...

Let the fun begin!

I think it is the cutest thing when they realize they are accomplishing something, that we consider to be a milestone with such delight. Really priceless.

Just a suggestion.... if you have living room tables, I would get the bumper that goes arond the table. I got that and I don't have to worry about Thomasino bumping his head (they are pretty pricy but totally worth it).

Anonymous said...

so cute !!
u know now im taking my sugar test. i read ur blog.
take care!!