5.12.07

7 days till Ari's a 2 year old & other blessings

Warning - this is probably a sappy feel good post.

7 days. One week. And I'll be the mother of a 2 year old. TWO. Two seems like a great age. I’ll probably laugh at this post once the ‘terribleness’ really hits a peak but it just seems like such a year of discovery. He’s stringing together toddler-esque sentences (i.e. a noun, and a vowel but no other words to kind of bring them together) and with it comes the ability to actually tell me what he wants, how he feels and express so much more then he ever has. That being said, its proof that he ‘understands’ so we know when he’s selectively paying attention and when he is not. He’s also finally gotten tall enough (yes, he’s still quite the shorty) to climb. And climb he does. He loves using the kitchen chairs to get up to where he shouldn’t be. But I enjoy this because he stands at the kitchen island and observes me make dinner. It’s just so cute seeing him mimic me cutting onions by using a carrot as a knife on the potato.

Nilsa is very alert now. She’s smiling and gurgling and I think, very close to laughing. Her laugh right now sounds like a high pitched pig squeal. I need to post pictures. I stare at her at times and am just amazed how much more I’m enjoying her at this age then I did Ari. Rob points out it’s because Nilsa does not scream and cry and carry on like Ari did. And that’s true. But I look at her and she’s so familiar. Her eyes are finally turning brown and they sparkle with recognition. She is truly an adorable and beautiful little girl. Now I know all moms think their kids are gorgeous but I think Rob and I do a hell of a job in making just beautiful children. I stare at her and I’m just lucky. So blessed to have such an amazing little girl.

I’m 30 now. YAY. My birthday was fabulous and was made even more so by the most wonderful husband in the world. Go ahead, gag all you want. I like to bitch and moan about Rob from time to time but I truly do count my blessings on having have found and married such an unbelievable man. He’s good to me, fabulous to his children and just an absolutely wonderful dad. And this wonderful man said happy birthday by getting us both tickets to a vacation in Aruba sans kidlets come the new year. He truly is the best.

All in all things are good. I’m back at work and I just picked up where I left off. Christmas is coming in one day shy of 3 weeks. I’ve updated the wish list upon request and you can see the link to your right should you want to browse. Much love to all.

1 comment:

Sally-Anne said...

No, I think you and Rob DO make especially good-looking babies! :)