10.12.07

Quick reflection..

I spent this past weekend being a mother. Enjoying the time I had with Ari and Nilsa. I think I’ve moved further into this whole parenting thing with my 2nd child. I feel more connected, more in tune and more fulfilled for some odd reason. I take snapshots with my mind of these wonderful moments that occur so naturally. On Sunday morning I found myself lying in bed with Nilsa on one side and Ari on the other tucked under my arm and watching When Harry Met Sally. And it was perfection. Absolute perfection. Another time found me sitting on the kitchen floor playing with Ari’s piano and plinking out twinkle twinkle little star and struggling all the while to not burst out laughing as Ari proudly screamed the song into the microphone attached to the piano. These moments are fleeting. I revel in them like I’ve never done before. I think I’m finally coming to grips with the fact that I’m a parent – that I have two fabulous children. That although I want a lot in life, my family unit is so wonderfully complete. I could not have asked for more. I am blessed, I am lucky, I am happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Could it BE??? Did I see little Nilsa wearing something PINK????? I knew you'd cave one day!!!