I had a glorious weekend. It began with time spent with Rob which was just something I didn’t know I needed so badly. A reconnection of sorts that reminds me why it is I love him so much, how I can’t get enough of his laughter and gave us the opportunity to recall the people we were, the couple we are and the amazing-ness of us together. I generally am not a fan of Valentine’s day, but this year with it falling on a Saturday we made plans to go out with friends and it was such a delicious time. Most especially so to me as I did not have my husband behind a DJ booth. I got to dance with him, hug him when I wanted to and sneak kisses at him as if we haven’t been together for 14 years.


I also found myself face to face with a new vintage store on Valentine’s Day. A small store packed to the gills with fabulous finds tempting me to buy them all. I did get some wonderful outfits and have promised myself to return. Sunday and Monday was spent with the kidlets. I stepped into AC Moore and bought all my crafting supplies and cookie cutters and I’m enthusiastic at our newest kid endeavors to come. Ari was so excited with the purchase paints and brushes and GLUE. Oh how excited he got at the site or Elmers. It made me want to go right home and start playing with them.
I find myself yearning for warmer weather. As much as I admit to loving the cold, I always crave the springtime when February rolls around. I’m looking forward to actively biking with the kids this year now that Nilsa is of age to be a passenger on the bike trailer. I’m a rather obtuse person in that I enthusiastically wait for the kids to get a bit older. Honestly, Ari is at such a great age, a sponge that learns so much daily. He’s even started using my laptop to play his latest favorite games – PBSKids.org’s SuperWhy. It is fabulous in helping him begin to learn to read.


He’s also growing increasingly fond of musical instruments. He’ll spend a good deal of time on the piano but even more so strumming on the guitar.

Nils is growing increasingly bigger and her hair is getting increasingly longer and I’m happy to report that Rob has successfully managed to put it into a single ponytail so that it doesn’t block her eyes.


I’m guessing by next year, the two of them won’t even look like they’re 20 months apart in age. I’ve already had people ask me if they’re twins which I think is really absurd as Ari is clearly much bigger then Nilsa but go figure…

Rob turned 35 this past week.


Life feels good right now. We’re not without our worries, or responsibilities but things have been somewhat manageable and when they’re not we’ve been taking them in stride.

For today at least.
4 comments:
What an adorable family! I can't wait to hear how the crafting goes, as I always have good intentions but usually we just wind up coloring.
We'll see how it goes. I usually have grand ambitions and make plans and then stick to what I am used to. I wish I had more time to really get to focus on the plans I want to implement. Or better said more energy.
I am so happy for you. Happy that you had that time with Rob and your friends.
Beautiful as always........
Wow, 14 years together!!
God bless your lovely family.
Post a Comment