Yet life has a way of bringing things to your attention again. And an e-mail came in today from Linda, whose twin boys go to the same preschool as Ari. The subject: charity event.
http://www.liamsroom.org/I went to the website. I read Liam's story. And like Linda I struggled to maintain the tears as I sat at my desk at work. Being a mother makes reading stories such as this so much harder. And knowing several individuals who have gone through similar experiences, I always marvel at their strength. Liam's parents and family have such a bright outlook and such zeal to let their child's legacy live on.
We received a flyer from the twins preschool about a softball charity event and I went to the website to read about it, and am now crying at my desk. Liam's fraternal twin brother is in school with Tyler, Ari, Jonathan and Matthew- his name is Nathaniel. Reading Liam's Mom story is just soo heart wrenching, it took me back to the pain of losing a child. Our boys can't participate in the softball event, but thought it would be nice to go out and support the activities that will be going on that day.
If you are in the NJ area and would like to participate in the event, the 2nd Annual Softball Tournament Event (Children Grades 3-8) & Home Run Derby (Children & Adults) will be held at Tamaques Park, Westfield, NJ on Saturday, March 28, 2009 (Rain date March 29.)Games will start promptly at 1pm. If you cannot play, please attend and if you cannot attend feel free to go to the website and support the cause.
No comments:
Post a Comment