25.3.09

There isn't time...there isn't time...

When I was a kid I had this book of poetry I loved. I'd read it over and over again. I would love to find the book but I have searched to no avail. But I do have several of the poems memorized (yes my memory is that good) and one in particular has always been my favorite. Who knew that over 20 years later it would serve as a pseudo explanation of my life...

There isn't Time!

There isn't time, there isn't time
To do the things I want to do,
With all the mountain-tops to climb,
And all the woods to wander through,
And all the seas to sail upon,
And everywhere there is to go
And all the people, every one,
Who lives upon the earth, to know.
There's only time, there's only time
To know a few, and do a few,
And then sit down and make a rhyme
About the rest I want to do

- Elenor Farjeon

And here I sit taking what brief time I have to do what I guess is my version of a rhyme. Things have been busy lately. Busy is a good thing. The wedding season has officially started so we have events and meetings to attend to. Spring is starting to show it's shadow so plans are in motion for all the yearly spring activities to attend to. Life as we know it is moving by. Slowly but surely things are happening.

I said a while back that I felt as if I was coming upon a crossroads but I couldn't see it in my sights. I think I'm starting to see signs of it and I'm acting accordingly. It's hard though as some days I wake up with the energy and vitality to conquer the world. Other times I struggle to even construct a legible sentence. I'm somewhere in between both right now. But I'm feeling positive in a very shaky world which says a lot. I'm trucking along. Busy. Always busy. Always somehow struggling to catch up to the needs and expectations we have. Someday right? Maybe sooner then later. Someday we'll get there.

For the time being when I'm not striving to do things, I'm enjoying myself. Ari and Nilsa help me along with this. Ari truly loves helping in the kitchen. We've baked a cake together, made cookies and next is to tackle muffins. And he doesn't even have any interest in licking the spoon. He'd much rather mix and roll. I think he might just turn me into a baker.







How could you not love them, and their curiosity. Nilsa now wants to take pictures rather then being the object of pictures. She even tries hard to use Ari's camera.





And if you don't give in to her - the girl has mastered a pout which is simultaneously adorable and hilarious.


Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with ya, babe!
love love love the rhyme. I'm saving it.