12.5.09

Lovely Mother's Day followed by a sickly Monday and here I am now

My stomach still feels a wee bit uneasy but at least I feel like a functioning member of society today. Yesterday was just horrible. The aches, the pains, the dizziness, the releasing of bodily fluids. Just a big ole yuck. Its also very unlike me. Had I had a fever above the slight 99 I had Rob would have probably questioned the possibility of swine flu. Which my friend Crystal pointed out is a respiratory GI issue so I did not have it but I digress. I rode it out. I did watch one too many romantic comedies.

  • The Holiday (typical romantic piece that made the sap out of me come out. Yes, I cried)

  • Forgetting Sarah Marshall (didn't think this would be as funny as it was. Full frontal male nudity was a surprise)

  • Love and Other Disasters (I love B. Murphy's 60's eye makeup)

  • I Could Never be your Woman (straight to DVD movie. Enough said.)

So I sat like a worthless blob in front of the TV all day. I had no choice but to do so either. Every attempt to stand brought on a feeling of impending grossness so laying still seemed to be the way to go. The painters were at the house too so I got to hear them. Did I mention we got the dingy house painted a bright wonderful white! They should probably finish up the house today (JOY) as they did the front and side of the house yesterday and when I ventured outdoors to look at it I was just amazed at how WHITE my house was. It was white before but severely dingy.


Rob, ever the champion of - you need to get up when sick so you don't get sicker, did assist me to the home depot to pick out a new mailbox and house letters. We went with the mailbox I originally liked and stuck to just blackish numbers for the house itself. Rob did manage to make fun of me during the trip as I kept holding his hand to try to keep up with his seemingly fast walking and he just kept saying "those romantic comedies make you mushy??" We haven't really held hands in a while. So we were oddly giddily joking around and playing around which was funny. But I did have to hold his hand cause at points I was feeling uneasy. He was taking a long time looking at mailboxes and he turned to find me sitting on the floor. Maybe venturing out of doors wasn't such a good idea. Kids were thankfully on good behavior last night. And I got the greatest necklaces as a mother's day present from my Mother in Law. She does such an amazing job picking out jewelry for me. I love costume jewelry. Baubles and bangles of wood and plastic are what I favor over jewels, gold & silver.


Mother's day was LOVELY. Lovely is the perfect word to describe it. We had gotten home from the amazing Indian wedding that I totally rocked the coordinator part with at 12:30am. So I probably got to sleep closer to 1am. And the wedding gave me a big ole workout. The bridal sweet was on the 3rd floor, the reception on the 2nd, cocktail hour to the left on the main level, ceremony to the right on the main level and pictures were held about 500 yards off the property down by the water. 2 outfit changes for 6 people, a horse ride and a car that blasted music out the back….it was a lot of work. Exhaustion can be the only way to describe it. So when Nilsa woke up at 4am I just took her into my room and I can only expect that she fell asleep on me shortly after. Sometime between then and the morning Rob had come up and must have turned off the monitor because I did not hear him or Ari wake up, get dressed or leave the house. So when I woke up at 9:30, Nilsa & I were home alone.


I had made it downstairs and onto the couch with Nilsa when the back door opened. In ran Ari calling out “Mami, Mami” and he flew around the corner into the living room with a bright blue watering can in his hand. “look, look” he shouted. “I got a watering can and daddy got you a plant!” He was beyond adorable. Rob had in fact gotten me a plant. He also had picked up IHOP so we all sat to enjoy our late breakfast.


After getting dressed we loaded up the stroller and tricycle and headed to Van Saun Park. An absolutely darling park up in Paramus with playgrounds and picnic areas, a carousel, mini zoo and train to ride. Totally cute.

where we played in the playground





Rode the carousel




Waited on line


And rode the train

They both fell asleep en route home, and Rob decided I was not to cook and picked me up a most delicious dinner. It was a wonderful mother's day. Simply lovely

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Lovely Mother's day indeed!