10.6.09

The school year comes to an end

Ari's last day of school was Tuesday.




They had a little graduation and I was totally emotional. I love the school, the teachers and he obviously loved it very much.

He hugged every teacher and it was sad to see the room all packed up for the summer, and to collect all his pictures and name and all. I will miss the Westfield YMCA. It's sad not going there anymore and its sad knowing that the Rodrigues twins and Tyler won't be in the same class as Ari anymore.


Eileen Rooney, their Director is very hands on. Mrs. Citron, Mrs. Seip and Mrs. Miller (the 3 teachers Ari had) were nothing but lovely, patient and attentive.

I encourage anyone who is looking at preschool in the Union County area to consider the Westfield YMCA's preschool program.

I'm also nervous about camp. He starts in 2 weeks. 3 days a week from 9-4. I worry that he won't like it. That it will be too long a day or too much time away. He has that for 2 weeks and the following 2 weeks are 5 days a week. Rob said that after the first session we'll feel better with the possibility of 5 days a week and if we think that's too much we'll ask to change to 3 days. I'm excited about the all Spanish aspect of it.

Speaking of school, yesterday I received a mailing from Ari's preschool next year. It included a Parent Handbook, a list of our responsibilities as members of the school and a summer reading list. Yes, a summer reading list for 3 year olds! It was a bit surreal. Having been a catholic school kid most of my life and now reading the literature and curriculum as a parent. I'm old enough to have kids starting school. It's just an odd place to be. Exciting.

No comments: