So what are the trends I see and LOVE and what can I live without?
Things that make me happy:
1. LONG HAIR!!! Finally. Although the cropped straight bob is still acceptable, the over done obnoxious rhianna-esque asymmetrical monstrosity is DEAD. Give it up. Super short butch-esque hair is passe. Bring on the femininity of long or medium hair with straight or natural waves. Hallelujah.
2. The return of blue as a fall color. That purple and teal phase just about killed me. Actually it kept me from shopping all together so I guess that's a good thing. I'm so excited to have blue again.
3. Draped clothing, tunics, erc.. I love long draped cardigans, understated tunics, simple forms. Clothes that dangle and hugs only when you are moving. Understated sexuality.
4. Booties. Still popular. I think this is the year everyone just gives into them. I do really like them but my terrible luck of having the skinniest calves make them impossible to wear with anything but pants. :(
5. Heavy lined eyes. Bring back eyeliner! Yes. I love eyeliner. Done right though.
6. Bright color on lips. As much as natural and MAC Glass was fabulous, I long for red lips. So lips with color is something that just thrills me.
7. Platform pumps. Platforms. I L.O.V.E. Platforms.
8. Trench coat/40’s French style. This is the odd man out this year. Its that classic style in the midst of all this 80's revisited that's going on. I'm not the biggest fan of 80's style.
9. Capes. This extends from no. 8. I love capes. Draped over pencil skirts or tailored dresses. Slick starched and pressed boot cut pants.
10. Long cardigans. I never gave up my long cardigans. I just wish they made them a bit less thick and chunky. I have my favorite, all pilled in fabric that I absolutely adore and wear everyday at work since this office is so damn cold year round. It's a thin cardigan that brushes the top of my knees and flows like water. I adore it. Did I mention that. And where did I get it. Conway. SHHHH. Over 12 years ago.
12. Leather jacket – moto jackets. Nice on some people. I doubt I can pull it off though.
13. Tights. Take me back to my catholic school days where accessories were your only items you could wear to be expressive. Tights are great. I love the monotone of some outfits with tights being the punch of color.
14. Massive accessories. Large necklaces, huge earrings and enormous rings. The bigger, the boulder the better (not necessarily worn all together)
Things that could just pass me by
1. Shoulder pads/boyfriend jackets, structured shoulders. eww. just eww.
2. Cropped shorts with tummy bearing tops. I have pictures of me wearing just that in elementary school/high school. I had a flat stomach. crop tops and my current state of affairs are not gonna work and at my age I shouldn't be wearing it anyhow.
3. Denim. I have issues with denim that is put in any form except pants. Denim vests, denim dresses, even denim jackets (yes I said denim jackets. You might love your 10 year old gap jacket and think it goes with everything but it really does not.) What's worse is when denim is worn with other denim items. Double denim. Just say no. It's impossible to Match denims. Lets all pray the denim button down shirt does not return.
4. Paisley. I hate the amoeba looking design. I saw a woman at the last wedding wearing a totally paisley dress and couldn't help thinking i was staring in the microscope in biology class. YUCK.
5. Leather pants. I do not have the body for leather pants. Nor does 95% of the woman of this world.
6. Loose vests. This falls in line with the boyfriend sweater. Totally unflattering.
7. Fringe.
8. Over the knee boot. Really? Not only do some appear hookerish but if you really think of it, they're totally uncomfortable. They are not meant to sit with.
9. Sequin & studded items
10. The chain bag. My mom still has chain bags. They scream old lady to me.
11. Rolled up jeans.
12. 80’s disco diva style. Those shinny bright skin tight tights. (think the house party scene in the movie Trading Places with Eddie Murphy - do you wanna funk...won't you tell me now...if you wanna dance let me show you how. do you wanna funk with me....) Video is not suitable for minors as it is NOT the tv adaptation of the movie.
And since I am talking style I leave you with this. I am officially in love. Giuseppe Zanotti Tan Leather Knee-High Boots $1325 (gosh if I were rich.) I am drooling over their beauty.

They even have them lower. For $950 Zip Flap Low Boots by Giuseppe Zanotti


Absolutely stunning.
2 comments:
Oh god, I drooled over those boots when I saw them last week on Zappos.
I'm with you on your list, but I do have some great studded dress sandals that I adore. I'm another one who is unable to pull off leather jackets.
I can't bring myself to buy in to the huge shoulder trend, but I found a great (blue!) dress that has a ruffle shoulder detail which give me a softer version of the pointed shoulder. And, done!
shoot, I can't do the booties. Ok, I'm pretty much in agreement with you EXCEPT my beautiful dark denim jacket from Forth & Towne a few years ago. I love it casually over a dress or black skirt/pants. Otherwise, totally agree. Can't wait to start wearing my trench coats again, and love my fall stuff. Sigh. Yay fall.
Post a Comment