I met Jennifer Neal (i.e.
Naked Jen) on line many a year ago. She is rather an amazing person, prominent in her beliefts and loving in her attention. She is one of the many cheerleaders I have in life that really help push me to fulfill things when I feel I don't have the energy too. I have a nice group of cheerleaders, the majority of which reside far from me in Utah, Wisconsin, Illinois, Georgia and Tennessee to name a few regions. I talk to them daily or weekly on random e-mails and vivid IM's. They are my 'imaginary friends' and I get to see them when either I travel to them (which is rare) or they come to New York (which is far more common. At the end of April, Jen arrived in NYC to attend the Tribeca film festival and I met up with her on Saturday with the kids in tow. The day started with breakfast at Atlas Cafe. A vegan friendly joint (as my Jen is a vegan) that's VERY SMALL. Food is good, service is good (pancakes were freaking awesome!) and overall it was very nice. My kids though were not so good. Nilsa played shy at first and was just very mommy mommy needy. Ari was a brat at first. My fault for him as I should know that the boy loves coming into the city and when he does he wants a significant walk around prior to arriving at yet another place he needs to sit. And so the 2 block walk didn't cut it. He entertained himself with a glass of water and 2 toy cars and played car wash. thankfully I fed him before leaving. Nilsa ate happily and then took to dancing. She did warm up to Jen though.

Ate and soon we were on our way. I joined NJ and a girl named KIM on a journey cross town to the Tribeca Film Headquarters
Ari awarmed up to Jen and was happily holding her hand and discussing random things

Ari has decided that he'd like to visit Jen's house. He now knows its in Utah. He knows that's far away. And he knows he needs to fly a plane to get there. At one point he told Jen they needed to find an airport. Must be nice to be 4.
I will see Jen again in August when she comes to NY for BLOGHER. She will be my partner in crime along with my other imaginary friend and my primary cheerleader -
Michelle from Everyday Celebrating (or as I call her Chella) You will hear more about blogher in the coming weeks. It is a blog event for female bloggers and will be held here in NYC in August.
2 comments:
love love love me some NakedJen! AND love me some D! Gonna make a love sandwich when I come to NYC in August. LOLOL
Ah, D. How sweet is this? You beat me to the punch. I am (honestly) writing a post on my own blog about the very special friends who loved me fiercely in NYC that weekend. You and your beautiful children chief amongst them.
I can't wait to come back and make that love sandwich with Michelle. Get ready. We won't even need mayo!
xox
Post a Comment