20.6.05

From Pudge to Bulge...I want to show and I don't. Indecisive as always

Last week, I had mentioned to Rob how concerned I was that I wasn't showing. He pointed out that I was. And here started the back and forth.

No I'm not
Yes you are
No, I don't see it
You can see it
Are you sure?
I can tell
Is it really noticable
No, it depends on what you wear.
OH...

Was I in denial? Not really. Last week it really depended on what I wore. And this weekend it became fairly clear to me that it really depended on how I was breathing. Here's what I mean. If I breathe through upper chest my tummy area stays the same size - relatively thin pudge. Of course I don't regularly breathe this way. I breathe like this only when I'm wearing some kind of corset or a tight top. If I breathe all the way to my diaphragm (which is the correct way to breathe as the diaphragm is the muscle responsible for pumping oxygen throughout the body) then my tummy bulges out with every breathe.

And can it ever buldge.

I know you have all done the stick your tummy out thing by taking a huge breathe until your stomach pulls out in front of you. Well, my skin is so loose that if I do that - I DEFINITELY look pregnant. In essence giving me a 'sneak preview' of what's to come. Rather alarming and strange while simultaneously fascinating. Seriously. I've become my own science experiment. But yeah, I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that another week or 2 - these pants are just not gonna fit anymore. I already can't fit into my smaller pairs. And this is a shocker - but I really don't want to go shopping.

**sigh**

VINTAGE BABY ITEM OBSESSION
So, call my strange - but the idea of having a vintage high chair or something like that fascinates me. I would love to have it. Something like this would be so much nicer then those nasty plastic things they have now.

I hate the plastic things out now. They look so tacky. Honestly 1/2 of the baby stuff out there is horribly ugly. Pooh Bears (which I hate more then anything) and baby disney and little animals and pointelle and these horrible color combinations. All to make things look 'cute.' Yet to me, they are possitively horrible looking. I mean, design wise - those things are out of place in anyplace that is not specifically decorated to cater to that style. Noplace in my house looks like that. Why can't they be more tasteful. If you look at vintage baby items, they really screamed with the design of the time. Even early 70's stuff had a disco vinyl flair to them. You didn't really see a high chair imprinted in all sorts of odd plaids and with bright animal characters. They have these NICER styled chairs in other countries. Visit any Europe baby site and you'll wonder what the hell Americans are thinking when they have such awesome items like this

that will fit in with the designing of most homes without any issue.

Do I do anything BUT complain?

And Rob said if I could find it used, I can get a Bugaboo.



I think it's an awesome stoller and pretty but expensive as all hell. I have a friend (online) that owns one so I'm going to get her point of view on it. But I really want one and this is the one thing I think I'll really splurge on.

And notice that it has no pukey color scheme and plaid and no nasty design. I'm obsessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i very much want that high chair. and i don't even have a child. but oh, how i want that one. because it's EXACTLY the one i had when i was growing up.

and poo on safety. i'm totally fine! well, i like to get naked, but come on, i didn't get hurt or anything in that high chair.

i'm obsessed now with finding one, too. and if i get it, i'm shipping it to your house for safe keeping and because i know it will get LOADS of use.