12.7.05

17 wks. Belly growing, hunger returned and uterus cramps...

Belly Belly Belly
So, any attempt to actually fit into pants that fit me PERFECTLY before is a attempt at futility. Absolutely pathetic. Reallly must take a picture of tummy as I do believe it has grown since the last posted picture. And proof that it is growing comes every now and again in CRAMPS. It's odd to actually feel your uterus stretch. Some of the cramping is miniscule...just a small nudge every now and again. At other times the dam cramp comes across as a pull and will stop me in my tracks if I'm walking. Painful little sucker lasts only about 5 seconds but YEESH is it uncomfortable and annoying.

The hunger returns
More proof that I'm growing in size. Although not as insatiable as when I first found out I was pregnant, I can still eat a full meal and then some, and although I don't get hunger pangs, I do get the 'NEED' to eat. It's rather odd. So I've been snacking and as always, my snacks would make people raise an eyebrow. Olives and salami and coffee cake (not in one sitting), cheese and veggies. Minus the coffee cake, most everything is not what others would call snacks. I can't do the junk food. Just can't. I'm very aware of what I put in my mouth and still find it amazing that any pregnant woman would fall for the 'you can eat anything all the time' mentality.

Cravings. I don't so much crave anything as I see something on the tv, or read of something and think it would be good to have. I won't die without it. And I had my first stereotypical - honey drive me to the store for....moment. About last week, Rob and I went shopping for clothes (and succeeding at actually buying stuff) and we ate lunch at one of my favorite little places TRACKS in Penn Station. Rob ordered a burger and it lookes (and he said) it was REALLY GOOD. So that night...I wanted a burger. Being the fourth of July, everything was closed, so I opted for a whopper from Burger King (closest tasting to a real burger fast food) It was funny. Rob drove around trying to find me a burger at 9pm. Pathetic.

Clothes Shopping
So on the 4th of July, Rob and I went shopping in the city. He must really be tired of hearing me complain how my clothes are no longer fitting. We Hit Macy's, H&M and other stores on 34th Street. Pea in a Pod (which should be defined as EXPENSIVE) is all that Macy's had in maternity. And most of the clothes were ugly and expensive and both Rob and I knew that they would be hanging on me hugely. So we purchased a good number of clothes (especially for our trip to Florida in August) that are 'normal' clothes but they are in larger sized or without waistlines (thank god these types of tops are in style)

Rob kept making fun of me cause I purchased a size 6 pair of pants that I POUTED about. (please remember that I'm typically a size 2) so he kept mentioning how I'm a size 6. Funny man (NOT)

I scored my first actual maternity buy at Old Navy. I purchased a pair of shorts in their maternity section (elastic back and low rider) although, they BARELY fit me (as in TOO Big) and they were an XS. I'm asssuming that by August I'll fit into them. And I have to do some more shopping SOON. My work pants are dwindling - and I' down to 4 possible tops to wear to work. Great.

Other baby stuff
Other then that - all is normal in the world of Dianne's pregnancy. Going for bloodwork this week to get the alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) test. And need to set up my BIG ULTRASOUND to see how everything looks and to find out what the babe will be - BOY OR GIRL since Rob wants to know.

And because I was asked to actually do it - feel free to play the following game :D
GUESS THE STATS ON BABY VELEZ Game name is -of course- colorblind

1 comment:

Krystal Muellenberg said...

Ugh. I get those annoying pains too. Yuck, yuck, yuck. The ones that stop you in your tracks are quite painful. And yes, I would like to see pictures of the growing belly. Especially since you went and posted your skinny self after me in the belly picture thread. :) And what do you know... I started an expectnet game this week too. Just haven't put the link anywhere. blah, blah, blah. I feel quite lame that all I can talk about these days is baby/pregnancy stuff. And yes, when I was at that wedding this weekend I thought about how all the weddings you go to are like that. I wanna move to New York!