16.7.05

Barefoot and Pregnant

3 days more and I'll be at 18 weeks. All my friends (both local and online) seem so much bigger then I am. Mom insists that I'm running par with her traditional weight gain and that I'll be getting MUCH bigger come month 5 into 6.

In any case. My latest pictures. I look like an insane person Got my hair done this week and cut rather short so the only way to get it out of my face is with pigtails. LOL.




And a close up of the belly


People keep asking if I've felt any movement yet. I don't know what to answer. Books and other people say it feels like butterflies fluttering, bubbles or a muscle twitch. I've felt none of these things. I have, every now and again, felt something (no way of explaining it) and that something lasts no more then 2 seconds at a time so who knows. It's always in the same areas though.

And my navel looks funny. I should take a picture of it. I told Rob it looked funny and he laughed at me and asked if it's getting deep. No. It's getting wide. I showed him and his face made me laugh. Priceless. I look like I have a miniture bowl there. Weird.

Oh and you'll all like to know that my boobs are not bigger yet, but they are secreting some clear stuff if I squeeze them. Fun.

Went clothes shopping again. Another futile attempt. Since I'm feeling good and don't want this post to turn into a barage of the rantings of being Dianne - oddly narrow, somewhere between regular and petite, and cursed with this odd shape....well I'll let it go.

Mom is insisting that I start lathering my stomach and breasts with cocoa butter. Although on her side of the family, stretchmarks are not hereditary, we don't know how my pop's side fared with that - so better safe then sorry no? I have invested in

Stretch Oil by Earth Mama Angel Baby with chamomile and calendula to keep your skin moisturized, soft and pliant. Supposed to smell really pretty and is recommended by Jen of Dreamsweet so of course I trust it.

What else...Nothing. All is well. Sleeping is getting interesting as I cannot lie on my tummy, and am trying my damndest to not lie on my back and well, lieing on my side leaves me lopsided. Had my first leg cramp last night. OWWWIE. Must drink more (mineral)water. And I started actively looking at baby stuff. Am happy to see that there are a myriad of people out there in the same mindset as me. ANTICUTESY. And I just realized I forgot to take my vitamins today so I bid adieu (is that how you spell that?)

No comments: