25.10.05

Conversations with Rob "It's MY Birthday"

Rob - I got a inquiry for a party on your birthday. Mind if I work?

Me - Go ahead. I'm probably going to be a miserable schlub that day anyway.

Rob *laughing* Watch the baby decide to be born that day *laughing*

Me - *not looking at all pleased* Funny. Hopefully he won't. I really want my birthday to stay MY birthday.

Rob *continues laughing* I can see it. You're water is going to break at like 9pm and you are going to refuse to go to the hospital until after midnight *laughs harder*

Me - *not amused* I'm going to post this on my blog

Rob *laughing practically hysterically* Watch that happen and you are going to just try to hold it in...


********
For the record - I know it is rather selfish, but I truly don't want to share my birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's with the above comment??? Have some strange friends we don't know about??

BUT I just wanted to share how DEVSTATED I would have been had Gianna been born 6 days earlier than her due date on MY birthday. It's not selfish. It's your one day of the year that's yours alone. And if it does happen...wait until midnight like Rob said. LOL

Anonymous said...

as a person who grew up sharing her birthday not only with her father, but also with HIS father, my grandfather, do your child a favor and if your water breaks on your birthday, hold him in until the next day!

really.

it sucks sharing your birthday. i also happen to share my birthday with my "brother's" wife, and two of my friends. friends is okay, but even then it's never JUST ABOUT YOU. and we all know that it at least when it comes to your birthday, it should be ALL ABOUT YOU.