Can't blame him though - it really is comfortable. Color is great. We're very happy. It makes just so much more sense to me to have this then the gliders and rockers. Mom loves it. The 2 friends that have come over love it.
I love the fact that I can sit in it crosslegged as well. It's just so comfortable and plush.
I can't quite believe I'm now officially almost (a day short) 34 weeks pregnant. WOW.
I'm clearly showing now...
The reality of this is coming together. Once the stuff is moved downstairs, Our bed gets moved into the 'baby's room' while our bedroom goes through it's redecorating. THIS is going to be interesting. And we can start putting stuff together for the baby. Oh boy. So much going on.
I got another bunch of clothes from one of my online friends - Cheryl from Baltimore. We met up for lunch this past Thursday and not only did she get me 2 wonderful outfits, but a bag full of her sons hand-me-downs. She has great taste and I loved everything she gave me, especially the cutest little hat and matching sweater that was striped. And she got me 2 books (only appropriate as she works for Barnes & Nobles) Getting gifts really is exciting!
FEARS
They say it's completely normal to have fears of birth and whatnot. My latest oddity is fear of death in childbirth. That of the babe's and that of myself. I know it's an anomaly but it's still all together possible. Way back in the day, it was so common for woman to die in childbirth. Talk about having fear of birth. YEESH. Now I understand advances in medicine, etc. but I don't know what I would do if I lost this kid. I might justifiably, go insane. And then what if some quirk of life has me leaving this world. Life is far to short.
No Speak'e English
Another great obsession. How to achieve a bilingual baby when you mostly speak English at home. My mom is great and says she will be refusing to speak anything but Spanish to the kid. I think I'll ask Aida & Robert to do the same. So do I revert to speaking Spanish as much as I possibly can? I really want my child to be able to speak both languages fluently, not just understand it and feel off speaking it. Ya know.
I hated going to Spanish school when I was younger, but it seems like a reality I need to face for this kid. Poor kid. And I wonder too how to manage to get him to speak another language. I'd like them to be multilingual. I figure my kid (just because of where we live) will be fluent in Spanish and English and learn to understand Portuguese (all these Portuguese friends around) but what other language would be beneficial and how do I get them to learn this when I myself don't speak it. Japanese would be cool. I also want to learn sign language.
So very much to think about.
1 comment:
Look how cute you are in that chair!!! So adorable!
oh, and love the lipstick!
Anyway, not long now and we'll be seeing a pic of you and bebe in that chair!
Post a Comment