Furniture Gifts and all that fun stuff
Ladies & Gents - we have a crib. Or so the thin heavy box now covering a corner of the breezeway says. Mom's present. Actually, a whole section of the breezeway is now taken up with presents that have slowly come in. This is exciting. But not everything fits into the breezeway.
Right now, smack dab in the center of our living room is the latest of OUR purchases. When registering, we went store to store and sat in glider after glider after rocker. And we found largely the same thing with all of them.
1. They were overpricedSo, I opted to have none of that and a plain ole chair. Even opted to keep the loveseat that was up there. Rob wanted the ability to rock and was under the opinion that the current loveseat was just too big. I came up with the idea of the ability to lie down and we both agreed that what would be optimal would be a La-Z-Boy recliner.
2. They weren't exactly comfortable
3. They are fairly ugly
So Tuesday we went to the La-Z-Boy store and hit the 'recliner showcase' section with the goal of picking out and buying it. How hard could it be. With a mess load of chairs to try on and a bunch of fabrics to choose from we anticipated being in and out in no time. Right??? NOPE. Over an hour there.
Thankfully, the sales guy there was really mellow. He didn’t bug us much at all. Mentioned features after we had sat in a variety of different recliners and then pretty much let us be. We made it fairly clear we weren't leaving there without a recliner and he did nothing to push us towards more expensive ones, and actually helped point out which were cheaper, which were available sooner, etc. Explained the differences in materials, etc. etc. etc. We had it down to 2 of them. A lightish dark brown micro suede and a dark brown leather. Micro suede on sale, in stock and available for immediate shipping. Leather on sale but about $300 more then the other, in stock and available for shipping in one week. Now the reason it took us so damn long to decide on a recliner is that we had to really get over the fact that a 'modern' and recliner would not fit in the same sentence if we wanted it to rock or glide. We initially thought a glider would be best. Or Rob did, as I was more interested in comfort and recline then rocking capacity but we ended up with a rocker.
The leather one we selected was called the Larson. Closest thing to a clean line we could find, plush and comfortable. Top grain leather which translated to that really baby soft kind of leather. The micro suede one selected was called the Embassy. Not exactly anywhere remotely close to ‘clean lines’ but less of a buttonhole look then others. It did have a very smooth arm and seat line. It was not large and frumpy and was AMAZINGLY comfortable. The most plush arms. The color worked with the room, although not the dark brown we wanted. So after going back and forth and back and forth. The micro suede won out because it was just so much more comfortable and Rob said we could drape the baby's comforter over the backing to hide the buttonholes. Purchased and delivered yesterday at 9:30am - it now sits in the middle of our living room.
Rob has already fallen asleep in the bad boy. Good god is it comfortable. I nearly fell asleep on it myself. And I discovere reclining all the way back I'm able to lift my leg high enough and out of the way of my belly to remove my boots without any pain. Another good reason for it. Pathetic right?? I'm wearing the damn knee high boots with the zipper in the BACK and I've gotten to the point where I can't bend down low or long enough to get the zipper all the way down. But the reclining action - now that makes anything possible. I love this thing. Really do. And the color IN the house looks so much better then it did at the store.
Working on House - or Better Said - Home Depot again?
Well, the task of preparing the baby's room has taken on a life of its own. I've been to Home Depot twice in the last 7 days. Each time I was there was directly after work. In work clothes. In heels. Tired. And each time Rob came with a list, but even then, and with him rushing as he knows I hate being there, it still takes a long time to find what it is he needs. Especially all the little knick knacks and such. I seriously think that Home Depot should have what department stores have for husband's in the lingerie dept. SEATS. Plush seats. Instead, I find myself sitting on store ladders or leaning on boxes and such. Don't quite understand what's so fascinating about what I call the pretty shiny shiny things. Yes - how great that that one is 4mm rather then 4.5. Whoo Hoo. Oh and then there was the great conversation at the store..
Will give it to Rob though. All gung ho, he should have the 'new' lighting (recessed if you really wanted to know) installed in the basement today. He's already run all the wiring, added a new breaker and all that other stuff. I did attempt to sit and watch him do this work. He gets very proud and rather energized with it. In all honesty, it's as interesting as watching fly fishing on TV. But he's happy and that's what matters right? By next week, the upstairs room will be moved downstairs and the upstairs room officially becomes the 'baby's room' and stuff starts getting put together. WOW.***********************
Me - What are you looking for, I'll help
Rob - I need 12/3 wiring
Me - It's right here
Rob - Yeah but that one is Yellow. I want white
Me **stare at Rob as he finds it**
Rob - Do you want to know what's the difference?
Me - Not really
Rob **pouts**
Me - OK. What?
Rob **excitedly holding up both the 12/3 and the 12/2 wires so I can see the inserts** See how this one has 4 wires and this one has **at this point I lose him** BLAH BLAH hot wires BLAH BLAH circuits BLAH BLAH BLAH **smiles excitedly at how intelligent he is.
Me **blandly unexcited** I see. Why if there are 4 wires for it, is it called 12/3? Why do none of the numbers coincide with it?
Rob - **makes silly why the hell do I bother face and throws wire into carriage** Lets go look at BLAH BLAH BLAH
***********************
More Conversations with Rob
While complaining that I'm achy, tired, suffering from sciatic pain, etc. I get into a conversation of what I anticipate feeling soon...
After work this week complaining (big surprise here) that the baby is a bit too active***********************
Me - You know I'm going to become really complainy when the kid gets 'engaged' in my pelvis
Rob - HUH?
Me - Yeah, they say once the baby starts to drop then it kinda gets into the lower regions.
Rob **look of discomfort**
Me Actually, some people say if feels like you are walking around with a coconut between your legs.
Rob - A coconut **laughs**
Me - Yep. I guess I'll know what it's like to be a guy.
Rob **looks confused**
Me - You know. What it's like to have testicles.
Rob **laughs out loud** Those don't feel like coconuts
Me - I've never had anything hanging between my legs. You have. How do you know it's not going to feel the same.
Rob - **laughs**
***********************
***********************
Me - Freaking kid
Rob - **laughs** What?
Me - He's doing the mambo again. I swear. Today I had to hide my tummy with my wrap on the train because the damn thing was doing the wave in there and I didn't want people seeing the alien like movements
Rob **eyes me oddly** Seriously
Me - I'm not kidding you **I poke at my tummy**
Rob - Don't do that.
Me - Why? He pokes me all the time. I want to know what the hell this is. It feels like an elbow but I can’t tell what the hell it is.
Rob **continues to eye me oddly** His head??
Me - I would think his head would be bigger. whatever it is it's the reason that he does the wave every now and again.
Rob **laughs**
***********************
1 comment:
Check out Flirt Thong site sells greatFlirt ThongFlirt Thong Brill Value
Post a Comment