I'm still carrying really well or so people tell me, although there are moments when I'm just plain ole uncomfortable. I really bow down to those people out there who are pregnant and carry large. I cannot imagine how that has to be. Or maybe I will. I still have 49 days to go and I'm bound to get bigger. Hell I have gotten bigger. I 'think' I'm retaining more water. Or at least I should be cause according to 'professionals' I have reached the peak of the amount of amniotic fluid in me. All I know is that I feel heavier and that my rings are tighter. That's what I use as my proof.
I've definitely obviously pregnant now - see...
No way to hide it anymore. I found this picture particularly funny.
You can barely see the tip of my toe from above. LOL.
Getting Showered
I started getting gifts in the mail. Can I tell you how cool it is to be getting things online from my online friends and from people who can't make the shower. I feel so blessed. Really I do. I got some great presents so far, but some rather funny ones.
Especially these from my friend Becky in Texas. For me.
And for the babe
I got really excited to receive the mobile from the crib set I want. I picked the crib set because it was so neutral and geometric in pattern. I didn't want a whole 'theme' to the room. And I picked it online without even seeing it, so to get the mobile from the set from my friend Crystal in Wisconsin, and to see how PERFECT it goes with the rooms color scheme had me, for the first time, screaming in excitement for a baby item. Rob laughed at me as I ran up the stairs and called him up to see how perfect the colors went. I am sooo excited about this crib set. It's ridiculous how that is what is really exciting me. See how well it goes with the room's color scheme??
Rob liked the color scheme too. And it's beneficial to have received it as we have to find a recliner now to go with and we'll have all the colors in the room in the mobile, so it will be easy to pick out a recliner. We've decided a recliner (i.e a LazyBoy) would be better then a glider, since it does the same basic function, and I think it will be far more comfortable then a glider which in all honesty, isn't all that comfortable and I'm surprised to see how RIDICULOUSLY expensive they are. They are so not worth the amount of money they are asking for them.
I'm not going to bore you with posting everything that I get. I finally started writing thank you notes. God, this is going to take a while isn't it? I mean, I don't want to write - over and over again - "thank you for the...." ya know? I want to make them oddly personal. But really, there is no way out of saying that.
Freaking Out
So I've mildly started to freak out. I mean, it's finally becoming rather clear that I'm having a baby. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I admit that I'm still in an odd form of denial in respects to this. And yes, I've been pregnant for 217 days, but I really didn't much think about the fact that I was pregnant. I followed rules, went through the motions and everything, but over the last month, between the Blessingway and the gifts coming in and Rob getting ready for this kid, it really is starting to hit me. I'm going to be a mom. It's kind of scary.
I thought that I'd fear the pain of childbirth. Now, although I don't really look forward to it, honestly, fear is not something I feel with regards to it. I worry that the kid will be breech and I'll be forced into a C-section. I really want to do it the old fashioned way. But I know it depends on what is best for the baby. But yeah - birth in itself I have no fear of. I actually look forward to it. I want to be done with this all and start to see what my life will be like.
And I think that's what my freakout is largely due to . I am trying to figure out how our world is going to change. I mean it's exciting, but at the same time we can't plan any of it. So it's going to be a very interesting learning experience. I question most of what is going on in our lives, how I'll be able to go back to work after having this kid, or whether I truly won't mind. What kind of individual I will become, cause we know I'm going to change and that Rob's going to change and we're going to have to adjust to this 'little person' who really without even knowing it IS the control factor in our lives. "We'll manage" is what Rob says, rock that he always is and so damn positive. I'm lucky to have him. I really am Blessed.
2 comments:
I can't wait to see how your life changes as well! You know, I'm a planner and that aspect of it all scares the shit out of me.
You're going to be an amazing mother, Dianne! I can't wait to see pics of your bebe and hear all about your mothering experiences.
Dianne-
Great blog entries (some of them cracked me up). You look beautiful in these. I wish you a happy new life - as it will change greatly.
Thanks for sharing.
Milagros
Post a Comment