Am I serious?? Yep. Seems that while I 'think' I'm 39 weeks pregnant and have a due date of Monday, the fact is I'm actually somewhere along the lines of 37 weeks pregnant.
That's 2 weeks.
Crazy? Yes.
Surprising? Oddly enough not really.
Annoying? Absolutely!
The Story
Last week's doctor's app't was abnormally long. All was well except that my fundal height seemed to have gone down from 37 to 34. Now when you 'drop' this is normal. But they did a quick ultrasound on their machine to check amniotic fluid (good) and they just contributed the decreased to the fact that I've dropped.
Yesterday I go in for an app't Fundal height is at 35/36. I've also dropped a pound. 'Just to be on the safe side' they sent me to get a Ultrasound at a larger screening place (the place I went for my 'big' ultrasound) to make sure the kid is growing ok. Now the doc told me NOT to worry about it, that they're doing it to make sure cause if I don't go naturally by next Monday (my due date) then we start talking induction. But because my conception date was originally of question, and the fact that she is sure that I've dropped, they want to ere on the side of caution. Which is fine. I'm not having anything close to contractions, no huge pressure, nothing. The only change is that I'm REALLY toddling around instead of walking straight. Blood Pressure is fine. Heartbeat is fine. All looks right with the world. I have nothing to worry about. I worry anyway.
So Rob comes with me to the ultrasound. Nice technician has NEVER done a ultrasound this late in the game before so I actually had 2 techs. Not that it matters since the babe is so big at this point that you're just seeing bones and white and black blobs.
What did the ultrasound show...
~I've got a healthy kid in there snuggly and comfy
~Said kid is measuring about 6.5-7lbs right now
~Head growth shows him to be about 36/37 weeks and not 39. Limb growth was a bit hard to come up with due to the kid's positioning.
~Due date given is about 2 weeks behind what I anticipated being the schedule according to growth %age.
~The ultrasound estimates a due date closer to 12/22 rather then 12/5
~The kid empties his bladder when I do. Did you know that? I find that fascinating
All this, of course, is due to the fact that I HAVE NO ACTUAL CONCEPTION DATE as well as NO REAL DEFINITIVE ANSWER TO 'WHEN WAS THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR LAST PERIOD'
What a pain in the ass this back and forth and back and forth thing is. I just wish my body would be more definitive rather then doing this craziness of telling the doctors it's ahead then changing it's mind this late in the game to let them know that something is off...or that it wants the babe to stew longer.
And as horrible as it sounds, I don't want a Christmas baby - the poor kid getting jipped on presents and all. His birthday being overshadowed by the holiday season. At least the beginning of the month has some people still in denial - ya know.
And I hate that I'm not going to have a definitive answer until Monday when I have my 40 week or from today's estimation 37 week 5 day exam. I mean it's 2, maybe 3 weeks. But still.
I think God, the universe, whatever - is trying to prepare me. I HAD actually lined up a 'plan' What the hell was I thinking? I had a date to stop work and work from home, I had a plan of action on getting the house ready and pulling it all together. And I'm pissed now because I hate when wrenches get thrown in on the best of my plans. And well I should know better then to plan when it comes to baby. I have to really learn to accept this now cause there is NO WAY IN HELL that I'm going to be ever able to plan everything again. Just impossible.
This being a mom thing is going to be frustrating for me. Rob called it not to long ago saying it's going to be hard for me to accept that I can't just do things at the drop of a hat and I already see it. Chant to myself "Go with the flow - go with the flow. Let it all go and go with the flow"
Remarkably, this whole ordeal seems to have 'relaxed' Rob. He seems much more mellow to me. Guess the added time he has for the renovation. And really, I'll post about those soon. But this seems a slight blessing to him. Of course at the same time he has to go and screw up his knee playing volleyball. BUT, that's another post entirely. Just keep your prayers that he didn't really skew the knee up that bad and that he won't need surgery anytime soon (yes I'm seriously)
No comments:
Post a Comment