24.7.06

A Working Mother's Wish

There are days that I wake up and wonder why it is I have to leave my angelic little boy and hustle out to work. Today is one of those days. This weekend, is what I’m blaming it on. Although Rob worked several events this weekend, I didn’t. The events were smaller so there really wasn’t a need for me to be at any. So Saturday was spent at Christina’s 11th birthday party at her house and Sunday I was visited by a number of friends and family. Ari wasn’t more then 5 steps away from me the entire time. No, I didn’t hold him the entire time, but having him there so close was nice.

So this morning, waking up tired and getting ready for work was a chore but moved normally. The necessity of working that is my life. And I wasn’t even bothered as I stepped in Ari’s room and turned on the light. But not a second later, I could only wish to stay home.

Ari is wonderful at waking. I can only hope that he ends up being as much a morning person as his mama (no offense Rob.) So usually, the lights going up are met with a squint a stretch and a smile. Today, not so much. Seems Ari was just as tired as I was from this weekend. The lights were met with a whine, and he seemingly closed his eyes more. I took the pacifier from his lips which exuded yet another little whine and quickly he reached out with his left hand to the other pacifier lying above his head and just as quickly, popped that one into his mouth. Lil’ man was tired. So I kept him in bed and chose to take off his footy pajamas while he wiggled. He stretched as I took them off, whined again and I turned to drop them onto the table. In the time it took me to turn back again, he had grabbed hold of his fleece blanket and had covered his naked skin with it and proceeded to roll away from the light on his side and get comfortable again. I finally managed to get his eyes open, the morning smile and the quick snuggle into my chest as I lifted him out of his crib. And in that very instant I cursed that I would have to strap him into a car seat and whisk him away from me as I went to work.

My little man is 7.5 months old. There are new teeth coming in as he is both cranky and drooly. He is absolutely adorable. And days like today, I wish I had far more time with him. The ability to throw him in the stroller and introduce him to so much more of the world. He’s becoming so much more interested in things, so much bigger. He’s my little superman.



And that is the latest picture from our Hoboken night at the movies we never got to see – but Ari did get his first view of fireworks.



I love my pudgy man. My little daddy’s boy

8 comments:

Sally-Anne said...

Dianne, what kind of camera do you have? Besides the crazy-cute subject matter, I really like the quality of the photos and am looking to get a new digital camera soon...

LaFlacaD said...

Hey there my blast from the past! Are you still thinking of organizing a elementary school reunion? If so let me know as I'd like to be in the committee.

I have 3 cameras. All of them are Canon. I'm a canon freak. The pictures taken here are from my Canon Powershot Sd500. It's a small point & shoot that I love cause it focuses really quickly.

I also have a Canon Powershot G5. It's older but was the first digital camera we bought and takes great shots but has a hell of a delay in focusing.

And then of course the Canon Eos Digital Rebel Xt which we have yet really learned to use since we've never had an SLR.

:) Glad to see you around these parts!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dianne,

I love reading your blog, I have been following it since you were pregnant. Ari is so adorable!!! I am due Sept 1, will send you some pics.
Keep up the blogging mama and good luck with everything!!
P.S. Everyone is still talking about what a great job you guys did for the wedding and the video!!

LaFlacaD said...

OMG - Ang. I gotta send you an e-mail. Your pregnant! Congratulations!!!!

Tammy said...

Loving the second picture of Ari...he looks like a little flirt. Such a cutie.

Sally-Anne said...

Thanks for the info, Dianne! I'm looking at a Canon Powershot myself. Glad to have the backup! Also, photography skills help, which you clearly have in far more abundance than I.

Haven't heard any more about the reunion but once we get moving on that I'll keep you posted!

LaFlacaD said...

Yes - please keep me posted. I'm not fabulous a photographer but whatever you want to know - if I know it - I'll be happy to dish to you.

Sally-Anne said...

Hopefully you can take some great shots at the SFA reunion! We're looking at Saturday evening, Sept. 9. I hope you (and Rob and Ari) will be able to come! We're still looking at locations. Will keep you posted...