11.8.06

Just call me the Bad Parent but I think it's damn cute

Yes, I'm putting it out there. I, Dianne, have let Ari have fun in a *gasp* baby walker. Yes I know the dangers of mobile baby walkers, and the recommendations that you either use a walker safely or choosing an alternative, like a stationary activity center/excersaucer (which, by the way, Ari is still not entirely a fan of yet.)

But even beyond the fact that I let Ari get into a baby walker is the horrible reality that I let him get into one that is *double gasp* circa 1960's. Now before I get a bunch of lectures on the dangers of walkers (especially vintage ones) let us remember that my sister in law is a occupational therapist who worked for years at a children's hospital and I would expect her to be the first to tell me the horror stories although I've heard many of them over, so I'm not looking for a lecture...here is my disclaimer.

He only uses it in the kitchen. That's it. He's stuck in the kitchen and the doors, edges of wall and table are blocked off to him. He uses it no where else. And it's always under severe supervision. And come on now - how cute is it?



He seems to really just want to follow Rob around. Oh and open the refrigerator and he's next to you within a second with his nosy little head taking it all in. He's beyond cute! But yeah...I had purchased it because I thought it was cute, it wasn't that expensive AND I'm obsessed with all things vintage. And well, He's not going to use it much anymore since he's mastered it to a level that I'm beginning to get uncomfortable with. The kid is bright but beyond that he's so solid he's downright strong. He was sitting in front of me and managed with his legs to move a box or Rob's CD's. That is not light people.

And just because he looked so adorable here...more pictures. Isn't he getting BIG!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, can i babysit him????????
I love him.
Didn't know that old walkers looked like that. I'd love to see video.

Tammy said...

where ever did you you find that! Tell him I said he's got a sweet ride!

Sally-Anne said...

He looks so much like you when he's smiling broadly!

I had no idea walkers were taboo now. I apparently loved mine as a baby -- we still have old movie footage of me first getting the hang of my walker. I always figured if I had kids I'd share with them the magic that is a walker...so I'm a Future Bad Parent!