14.8.06

New Blog Feature, The Park and Frozen Sugar...

First and foremost, I just added a new feature to the blog you, my readers, might find helpful. You can now sign up to have an e-mail sent to your inbox whenever I post something new. On the right you'll see a place to subscribe. Enter your e-mail address and it will take you to another website. There's no need to register with that site. An e-mail will be sent to you and as soon as you confirm receipt, you will get an e-mail the minute I post a new post!! Now even those of you who say you can't keep up can!

So, for those of you who inquired, yes, I do have a random video of Ari walking in the walker and once I upload it I'll share it. This weekend was very nice. Weather was perfect and so on Sunday, when there was not a wedding or a party to have to work, Rob and I popped Ari in the car and headed to the park. It was just far to beautiful to not take in the day. So yeah, we headed out to Nomahegan Park in Cranford.

Pretty little park with a nice sized walking area. And out of pure luck, on Sunday was Kids Kingdom so there was a bunch of kids, some rides and bouncers, sand filling and a petting zoo, a joust (medieval times) and more. We rolled by much of it and told ourselves to enjoy the fact that this year we could just roll by and in the years to come we'd be paying for tickets and sitting waiting to fill jars with colored sand. Went for a walk around the park which leads at some points streetside, and we commented on the homes alongside, what details we like, what we didn't, which new developed house suited the neighborhood and which didn't. etc. 5 years is what I"m figuring and hopefully that town will be my town. We'll see. We also joked around with the fact that events like the one given on that day are always in these locations and never in like Warinanco Park in Elizabeth and such where the kids are less ...um... well off, so to speak.

After a brief drive around town, we stopped at Dairy Queen for some frozen treats. Now, mind you, it was dinner time for Ari. He wasn't complaining just yet so we were fine. But we did not deny him the opportunity to have his first bit of ice cream. At first it was just to cold so he was happy eating the whipped cream off or Rob's Strawberry Shortcake, but soon he was enjoying my Oreo Blast. Another Bad Parent Certificate to us. We're on a roll lately.

And no, no pictures of this fine beautiful Sunday afternoon at the park and at the first taste of ice cream for Ari. No pictures as Rob lent out the small camera to Albert to take pictures down the shore and Rob did not wish to lug around the other larger cameras. Bah.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

can you share how you got your little email linky-doodle set up? I'd like to have one in my blog too.

And if children enjoying DQ is going to get us Bad Parent Certificates, sign me up. I'm over due.

Teba said...

Yea seriously, you can add me and Frances to the list too, lol.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dianne! I am so honored to be a part of that one blog! YEAH! I read it all the time. I just think Ari is one of the cutest little boys around. He is growing quick. I can't believe it. And you are doing a pretty good job of being a superwoman in my eyes!
Magaly

FrancesM said...

Hey Dianne -

Your son is gorgeous!

Take care
Fran