But besides Work and Colorblind, November is quite the month of stuff. Heather's wedding, Rob's mom's birthday, his parent's 42nd (WOW) anniversary, Tyler's birthday and subsequent 1st birthday party, Thanksgiving, my 29th birthday (eek), Going to Florida for Cindy's Wedding...and by then it's December. DECEMBER. Holy Crap! And do you know what December brings??
This little man turns ONE!

Isn't that a cute picture. My little Patience Tester (as his shirt states). And I love that wooden hippo. I love watching him roll it around.
So yeah, like I previously mentioned we are having a party in celebration of not only Arias turning ONE but in many ways it's a celebration of a number of different first. It's also a celebration of our first year as parents, of making it through the good and the bad times. Adjusting through all the different variables that a child brings, discovering a new kind of life, growing up more, changing perspectives and priorities, hating and loving these individual changes and enjoying every minute of it. Yes, it is a celebration of Ari's first year of life, but it's also a celebration of our first year as a family!
And so Rob had said we'd 'keep it small.' We'll see how that goes. Between the size of Rob's amazing family and the number of wonderful and fabulous friends we have - the perception of what is 'small' for us would probably meet the description of fairly large to others. So invites should be in the mail shortly (once I finally get to them.) I just started planning this thing so much is still to be decided. I can't believe I'm already planning for December. Time flies huh? And December brings a load of additional things too huh? The Rodrigues twins birthday and then Christmas and before you know it it'll be 2007. Ok - seriously now I'm rushing life. No need for that.
And a special message out to all of you who come and visit here. I miss you all. It's odd how you grow older and time seems to eat itself up with 101 different things that need to be taken care of and we just engulf ourselves with that and we see our friends and extended family less and less often. I need to remember that getting together is something that we should invest some time in. It's so hard to do when we work most weekends and many people are discouraged to get together mid week. But we really should - if only for an hour or 2 hanging out in a living room of some sort and catching up with each other. Actually holding a breakfast get together would be a wonderful idea too. Hopefully this time I'll listen to myself and make time to do this!
1 comment:
Oh man - he is such a looker! You should put him in the Gap baby contest. I want to put Thomasino but I can never get a good enough picture!
Post a Comment