26.3.07

Busy days, Busy nights and a Soon-to-be even Busier Life…

First and foremost – for those who are wondering, my mother-in-law Aida is doing wonderfully. Having seen her yesterday I’m very happy to see her smile and walk around. I’m sure that the road to full recovery from her surgeries isn’t a quick one but will be nothing short of a successful one. She is in amazing spirits and such joy illuminates her in having Ari around. We visited her yesterday not just for a family visit but to share some news we’ve been keeping secret for a while...

Yes – what you are seeing is the 12 week ultrasound to the newest Velez Family member taken 2 weeks ago. That would put me at 14 weeks (the equivalent of 3 months) pregnant. Are you as shocked right now as we were when we found out???

Needless to say, yes Rob and I wanted a 2nd child and we had hoped to have the 2nd close to Ari. But by close we thought 2-3 years. We did not expect it to be this soon - not even a 2 year separation. Due date is September 25th (So sorry Sandra – but I don’t expect to be in attendance to your wedding-but who knows??) Ari will be 21.5 months old when the new Velez enters the world. Everything looks good so far and we are very happy.

So our busy lives – well – are about to get much busier. Considering that without a doubt we will be finishing the basement this summer. We need the additional space.

So congratulations to us! More pictures for you all to enjoy


…

5 comments:

FrancesM said...

OMG!! Dianne! Congratulations!! That is great news. I wish you all the best and a very healthy and happy pregancy!!!

Anonymous said...

Dianne! Congratulations to all of you! I am so happy for you. You and Rob are seriously such wonderful people and I am so happy that you have been so blessed with a gorgeous son and now with another. You guys are in my prayers for another healthy child. Congratulations!
Magaly

Sally-Anne said...

Congrats! How totally exciting.

Dee said...

WOW! This is a heck of a way to learn that your friend is pregnant. When I first saw the picture I couldn't figure out if your mother-in-law was pregnant or you since you started the blog off with her status. LOL Congrats to both of you, you two make great parents as well as friends. I am so excited for you and Rob, may God bless you with health, happiness, and more babies!!!

bigdaddy said...

Big congrats! Wow - you are far braver parents than Anna and I are right now! Kudos to the little kiddie!

If you look closely at the ultrasound of the 'foot', you'll see a prominent big toe, which is believed by ancient aboriginal tribeswomen to be an omen for great financial success and extra-wide Nike's.