17.7.07

30 Weeks Pregnant. I should update shouldn't I?

I've been horrible in updating here this time around. I have to say that pregnancies are in fact different from one child to another. Ari's pregnancy was so much 'easier' and I don't think that I even realized it at all or appreciated it. No, this little girl isn't causing me any real pain. She's just making me really uncomfortable lately and really emotional too. And I can't reiterate enough how TIRED I am with her. I feel like crap. I feel like I look like crap.

And I have to say being pregnant in the summer is something that I would NOT recommend. There are a number of reasons like the heat and such - but it does NOT help my mood to have everyone doing all these awesome outdoor activities (and by awesome I'm talking little things like swimming and bike riding) and I just feel like a shlub. And then we have the issue of clothes. Fall into winter is wonderful as jackets and sweaters and long sleeves are the norm. Summer is all about tank tops and fitted tees and such. And yes, I'm fully aware that these a-line shirts (looks like pregnancy tops) I'm very happy for are in style but it doesn't make me feel any less like a stuffed sausage when others are running around in simple tanks and shorts. And I want to go to the pool. I want to wear my bikini. I want a lot.

So this picture was taken last week at 29 weeks pregnant. For some odd reason last week she was particularly HIGH up. She's not so much so this week. Not the best pictures.





What Else has been going on?
Lots of things going on now. If you haven't been by our house lately, our backyard driveway is completely redone in a cobblestone motif. It makes it possible to park 3 cars in our driveway (not on the grass), expands our patio and just looks pretty. See..

Before


After


Before


After


And there's more work to be done in the house as well. Much going on. Just like when I was pregnant with Ari, we're going through house redesign while I'm in my final stages of pregnancy. Fun.

The Name Game
So, this time around not many people have asked me what we decided on a name. I guess everyone is used to my answer from my pregnancy with Arias in that we weren't sharing. Well this go around its not so much that we aren't sharing as we have absolutely NO CLUE what to name her. Girls names are really quite difficult. The names that are too feminine sound very much like names that belong swinging from poles (i.e. stripper - like.) We are trying to stick to something not necessarily common but not out there. I'm under the added stress in that I really love how Ari's name is both different but not really weird. I find it to be a pretty awesome name. And I can't find something that has the same 'kick ass' vibe to it for this little girl. So for the time being she is little miss no name. So we're not hiding the name. We're just confused. I had Ari's name selected by this time already.

Ari Update
Speaking of Ari. I have to upload the new pictures I have of him. He's in love with being outdoors. Always wants to be outside. Loves the pool, etc. His running is getting better and he's gotten quick. I let him walk Monchi the other day. He held the leash and all. Not like Monchi would even pull Ari but he was so excited to walk him. His vocabulary is improving. Still babbles a lot in his own language but has started really putting stuff together and repeating us. His favorite books right now are 2 books Rob picked up at Turtle Back Zoo that list a bunch of animals. He loves to say lion, cheetah, chick and horse and much to Rob's glee has finally learned his dad's favorite animal's name. Tiger.

And someone please remind me to write up about my latest car tragedy with - of course - Rob's van. The one we were just about to sell. The one I kind of got stuck in a flash flood with. It never fails with me.

4 comments:

Sally-Anne said...

The driveway looks great!

Sally-Anne said...

One thing I'd recommend regarding a name is -- consider a name starting with a letter other than the existing family first names. So no D, R, or A. I think it's easier not to have two "A. Velez" in the house, because it can get confusing with the mail.

There, that should help narrow it down. :)

Anonymous said...

i know i'm a stranger here, but hey. i taught a girl named odalys. they pronounced oh-da-lees. i thought it was pretty peculiar when i first saw it, but when i saw her, it fit her perfectly. who knows? maybe something will just fit when she gets here. :) ooh, i also knew a girl named saira (sigh-ra, not sarah). LOVE that name.

Anonymous said...

yeah, after i left my last comment, i realized that saira is arias backward! how crazy is that? not sure if you found it cute in the first place, but i still love it. :D