4.9.07

3 weeks to go until my due date

Before anything - congratulations to our cousin Jackie and her hubby Edwin in the birth of their daughter Leila. Can't wait to meet her!

I'm officially both tired of being pregnant AND worried about everything. Tired in that I'm just done. At times tired, at times crampy, etc. I keep hearing I look great but I don't feel it. I feel crappy. Flat out crappy.

So here - gratuitous bare belly posting. Aren't you all sick of this???

This was at 36.5 weeks pregnant. Today I'm 37 weeks which is full term (i.e. if I had the baby right now it is NOT considered a preemie.)

Worries. Well there are a lot of them. Among them is the realization that it's September. Busy Busy wedding season. I looked at the calendar and well, Rob's booked for a wedding EVERY Saturday to come. He has one free Friday and 2 free Sundays (one of which is the last day of the month.) Which means if I don't want to disrupt the rest of the world or have Rob have a telephone call in the midst of a wedding, Little Miss should try to come out sometime in the middle of the week. I've been telling her this and I hope she listens. LOL.

Another fear is this whole going into birth on my own thing. After the convenience of the induction with Ari, the reality of labor pains or water breaking is scary. Even worse - I'm still working. So the thought of either of that happening while I'm at work is downright troublesome. I don't recall worrying about this when I was pregnant with Ari - and I was working past my due date and in downtown NYC then. Crazy.

And then of course there are the worries of labor issues and c-section and that everything will be OK with little miss from physical issues to deafness, etc. And then the breastfeeding (am I even going to attempt trying it again or go straight to pumping?) and then coming home and dealing with the craziness evoked by a newborn and what kind of person she'll be (mellow, colicky, etc.)

So many variables. So many things we have no control over. And I know all this. I still worry though. I'm good at worrying.

And well - to make this at least a interesting post pictures of my big boy who loves dogs


And squinting to the sun with his buddy Tyler who he knows the name of now. It is so cute to hear him say his name.

2 comments:

FrancesM said...

OMG - you are all belly. Looks like haven't gained an ounce in your "other" areas! LOL

Stop worrying! You are going to drive yourself crazy. And I do hope it happens when you are home with your hubby. I was home when my water broke and can't imagine being somewhere other than home when that happens.

Are you ready in other aspects? Girlie clothes, the room,etc?

Unknown said...

Hey mama! Congrats on getting Ari rockin' on his toddler bed...no small feat I assure you. I hear on tired of being preggo...blah over here as well. I'm on wk 35, and so ready...she better not even be late, LOL. Um...hello I still have to set up the crib...yeah I'm not on point either. =) But I'm amazingly calm...LMAO
Hang in there...almost at the finish line...Luv ya!