27.8.07

Wait?? I'm 9 months pregnant??

Yes folks - welcome to the 9th month. 36 weeks pregnant. 4 weeks to go until the due date. I totally can not wrap my mind around that. Its not so much that I'm in denial, but that I'm avoiding the reality of it. I've said it once and I'll say it again - the 2nd time around is different. That urgency of having EVERYTHING ready is just not there. I'm taking it entirely too easy I think. I really should get the house somewhat ready for little miss' arrival no? Maybe we should take the swing and car seat out of the attic storage.

And much to the happiness of my 99% male coworkers, I'll be going off to maternity leave before my due date. So unlike when I was pregnant with Ari when I was working in the city past my due date, I'll be off beginning the week before. So my last day at work will be the 14th of September. Time flies.

What's going on with Ari
My little man is a human sponge right now. He got his hands on this mini taxi cab toy we had in the office from a NYC theme wedding and has, much to my pride, learned how to say Taxi. It's these little things that make me smile in glee. But beyond that, I find him repeating and comprehending things much more lately. He grasps Spanish words much quicker then he does English ones. We are finally succeeding in getting him to say help please instead of getting frustrated and throwing himself into a tantrum hissy fit. We're getting there. Once he learns a concept we tell him the word in both languages. Like he knew apple but this weekend he learned that an apple is also a manzana which he pronounces nazana. Close enough.

We plan on getting him into the toddler bed this week. We'll see how that goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from italy. Ended up on your blog searching something really different, but I stopped and read you because I've got a little girl (11 months) and she looks like your Ari, and also many things you said it's just as I felt this first year as a mum (difficulties in relationship with the husband too).
So, good luck with your second child. Let us know how you call her, finally.
My girl's name is MILA.
eloisa

FrancesM said...

You look great! And yes time sure has gone by fast.

Glad Ari is doing well!! Does he understand that there is a baby in mommy's belly?

LaFlacaD said...

Totally clueless that I'm pregnant. Which is fine by me. He's a bit young to put those 2 together and saves me from having to explain it.

and cool. A Italy reader.