22.8.07

A word of advice to those who plan to ever get pregnant

Fall or Winter is where you want to be in the last 3 months of pregnancy. I'm not joking. I never realized how beneficial it was to have been pregnant with Ari in the latter stages into the winter. Not only because being larger while its unbearably hot outside isn't a joy, but the clothes!

This weather we've been having this week - rain with highs in the 60's if even that much, is IDEAL. I forgot how convenient it is to pick something out of Rob's closet to wear. How much more comfortable his long sleeved button downs are. Sure, I look like I'm trying to bring grunge back (har)but I'm comfortable. I looked longingly today at his thick sweaters and recalling wearing them when I was pregnant with Ari. So unbelievably ideal compared to the summer attire. Although, yes, luck has it that the maternity empire waists is in style right now, but it is nothing compared to the comfort of sweaters. Heat is to return by week's end but for now, For now I'll be comfy.


232 days have passed since the conception,
34 days until your due date.
35 weeks into your pregnancy,
5 weeks to go.
87% of your pregnancy has passed.

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and officially done. I don't' recall when it was that I wanted my body back when I was pregnant with Ari, but I already want it back now. I should review to see where I was last time. I know that I am by far much more uncomfortable this go around. **pause as I went back to look** Yep it was this time that I turned into a complainer and all I wanted to do was lie down. Consequentially, we also bought the stroller at this time last time. I really need to buy the small amount of things I need to. Rob bought Ari a toddler bed this week. So I want to get the throw and pillows that match his crib set for it since I intend for both kids to share a room for a bit.




I got my pretty preggo pictures last time at 36 weeks. Remember those??

I need to have pics taken this go around shouldn't I???

So here I am now - 35 weeks – yesterday morning – wet hair. Need to touch it up too – I see gray!



And my big boy who is entering the tantrum stage with full force, testing what little patience I have what with being 8 months pregnant...




He's lucky he's so damn cute.

2 comments:

Sally-Anne said...

Interesting. I'd have thought I'd want to avoid winter so that I wouldn't have to buy extra layers of maternity wear -- like a coat.

FrancesM said...

I know what you are going thru! I was pregnant during this season and my entire body was swollen. From head to toe. I had to buy size 11 flip flops (I am a 7 1/2!) and had to have a fan under my desk for my feet at work! It was crazy and I hope to never have to do that again! I feel for you!