Rob put it together on Thursday evening. Ari went WAY past his bed time but hey. We were on a mission. He moved the crib mattress to the toddler bed. Moved the pillow, the blanket, the teddy bear and the little pillow and we didn't even change the sheets.
At almost 2 hours past his bed time, Ari entered the room. He took notice of the bed and climbed on and off and on again. Then the usual bedtime ritual commenced and then Rob put Ari on the toddler bed with his book and walked out.
We held our breathe. Turned up the monitor. Anticipated hearing the pitter patter of a toddler awake in the wee hours of the morning playing in the semi dark room (we left the lights on but in a VERY low dim.) He did his usual 4am wake up and read his book (yes it's common for him) and fell back asleep - never once did he leave the bed. Even when he woke up for the day, Rob says he waited patiently reading on the bed until Rob actually entered the room, when he finally got out.
Success?? Well we're on day 3 and so far so good but one never knows what can or will happen right? So ladies and gents - I give to you the very sloppy toddler bed that Ari jumped on when we went up for a diaper change. Must work on the no shoes on bed thing now.

Some Food Additives Raise Hyperactivity, Study Finds
By ELISABETH ROSENTHAL
Published: September 6, 2007 - NY Times
A new study confirms a link between common food additives and colorings and increased hyperactive behavior in children.
Random Pregnancy Babble
We're going into week number 38. Still walking around without issue. I've now moved from 'I know she's coming early' to 'I'm sure she'll be late just like Ari.' I have one week left at work and then I'm officially on Maternity leave. Still kind of surreal that I'll have a newborn here in just a few short weeks.
SPEAKING OF PREGNANCY - CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEWEST FAMILY MEMBER TO JOIN THE PREGNANCY BANDWAGON.
MIGGIE!!! Due in March.
My kids officially lose the distinction of being the youngest grandchildren to Rob's Parents.
2 comments:
That's a really nice-looking bed! Lucky boy!
He looks so cute in it! Glad it worked out seamlessly so far! We are changing Thomasino into a big boy bed after Xmas but our crib converts to a full size bed. Just have to buy a mattress! Can't wait!
Post a Comment