22.1.08

Ari's first shiner..

Remember how I reacted when Ari crashed into the wall and ended up with 10 stitches?? Well this past Sunday I reacted just as bad to his latest injury which left him with a Marilyn Manson eye makeup inspired black eye. Rob was working an event, the giants had just started playing the packers and I got up from my seat to get my cell phone which Ari enthusiastically was asking me for so he could play the musica on it. I get up from my seat and he steps into my wide leg pants and I end up knocking his feet out from under him.

Had the chair not been so close, it would have been a clean fall but nope. He managed to catch the chair leg which leaves him with a diamond shaped scratch inches from the corner of his right eye and slight swelling. That swelling turned pretty bad overnight as the blood pools when sleepingn so he wakes up with his eye swollen and his eyelid area is fairly black now more then blue.

So hopefully this will disappear in the next week and be a memory. It seems to already be a memory for Ari who even when its swollen does not realize that anything is wrong. And he probably would not have even panicked at all when it happened had I not started hysterically crying. Thankfully my mom was over.

This motherhood thing is panic enducing.

1 comment:

Sally-Anne said...

Aw, poor kid. Sounds like he'll be fine, though. That would be terrifying! Heck, I get upset when my cat barfs, let alone a child of mine getting injured!