Waiting in line in the cold with a blank check. You'd think I was on line for a concert, the possibility of super bowl tickets maybe?? But no. I'm in line to register my kid for a 2 days a week 1/2 day pre-pre school program.
HA.
I got a wake up call from Linda at 5:30am. Prompted by her mom's nervousness that Linda needed 2 spaces for the pre-preschool, she opted to get there really early. She had gotten there at 5:30am and called me immediately as she was already the 4th person on line. She tells me there's a guy at the front of the line sleeping in a sleeping bag. He had gotten there at about 3am and camped out. CAMPED OUT! The program he wanted had only one space open so he for sure wanted to get that space.
Needless to say, just after getting off the phone with Linda, I placed a wake up call to Cathy informing her that I'd be picking her up in 10 minutes. We got to the Y at 6am. 4 other ladies were between me and Linda.
They opened the doors earlier then the 8am registration much to the thankful and frozen people outside with us. By that time there was about 20 or so people on line. Ari got space number 12 in the Almost Threes morning program. Tyler got space 13, leaving one space available for the lady 3 people behind us. She was exceptionally happy she had gotten there early. After her the morning class was full.
**big sigh of relief**
So Linda thanked me for putting together all the research. I thanked her for waking my ass up so early and Kathy was just thankful that both of us were on the ball with this all. When we left, there were cars pulling into the lot. The clock registered 8:03am.
But he's registered. As are Tyler, Jonathan and Matthew. The boys are all in the same class like we always wanted them to be. I laughed as we all waited and watched the sun rise in hopes of getting a preschool placement. Craziness. It was like waiting in line for tickets to a concert or something. Come september, Ari is going to SCHOOL.
Where does time go??
His eye is so much better! This is what it looked like 2 days after the incident...

And one of these days Nilsa won't look so annoyed at the camera LOL

And who wants to hear Ari sing??? That's the backyardigans theme song for those of you who don't know. CLICK HERE TO SEE IT!
2 comments:
OMG! I havent registered Thomasino and he will be 3 in August!
I wonder if there is a wait like you had for here in College Point?!
Hey, we need to save a copy of this blog and show it to our kids when they are old enough to understand!!! The "motherly love"!!! It was kind of fun though... priceless!
Kat
Post a Comment