My mom tells me time and time again that I should be grateful for a husband who does so much for his children. I forget that the old school philosophy of yesteryear left children to the responsibility of their mothers and not so much a shared endeavor of both parents. Rob and I talked at length about how some people still adhere to that idea. It amazes me how what woman do and have done for so many years goes without acclaim and yet now that men have a more active role in the same responsibly, they are praised and put on pedestals. Not that they don’t deserve it. I’m thankful to Rob every day for the support he gives. I can honestly say that in our household, we share responsibility quite evenly as neither one of us does more or less then the other with respects to Ari & Nilsa. We both give our 100% to them (and yes I’m one of those people who do not like the term 50/50 because really, that’s only giving ½ of you – I like using 100/100.) I just think woman deserve as much praise and cheer for the same. So this is my praise to all you mother’s out there who do so much because you truly deserve it!
And to make it clear, I’m totally not downplaying Rob’s general greatness as a father. I know that he takes on so much without complaint, and that does deserve praise. I know I’m truly blessed and lucky to have him in my life. I could not ask for a better husband and father. I love how the philosophy of child rearing has crossed the grounds to fathers. I’m proud to say Rob has such an active role in his kids’ lives. I’ll take this time to also give our friend Eddie praise of his role as Tyler’s caretaker and dad. And although I know both him and Rob commiserate in the ‘this is not what I really had planned on doing’ way of life they live, they take on the task. I totally plan an appropriate father’s day post to acknowledge all the daddy types out there.
PHOTO DUMP
Nilsa with hair up


Ari @ the park

Monchi! Remember him? Ari loves him. Nilsa is fine with him up until he licks her then you get that last picture as a reaction.



Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification
No comments:
Post a Comment