Yesterday, though, the moon was full and I made the mistake of not turning off the TV or closing my bedroom door when I carried in Nilsa. There was Ari, awake on the recliner with all his stuffed animals (have I mentioned this? He sleeps with the tickle me Elmo his godparents gave him, the stuffed Shamu he got at Sea World, a large stuffed Coqui (Puerto Rican tree frog), a small natural haired teddy bear Carol got him from Ecuador, a plush teddy bear, and a bunny rabbit he got from his ‘Uncle’ Roman for his first Easter.) Back to the story – he totally took advantage of my carrying a sleeping Nilsa and quickly ran past me saying T.V. into my bedroom.
Great.
I got him back into his room. It was not a pretty site. He was flailing about annoyed at the fact that he’d have to go to sleep. He then started the shrieking attempt at fake crying. I said a prayer that Nilsa was used to sleeping through his noise making and left the room and went downstairs. Through the monitor I heard the whining cries and then a minute later the tell tale signs of a waking Nilsa. Her obviously annoyed ‘who woke me up” cry. And the minute it occurred I hear Ari go from a wailing child to a quiet one, and not a second later I heard him say…..
“Uh Oh”
When I went up to pacify Nilsa back to sleep, I opened the door to find Ari on the recliner. Head on his pillow and blanket over him. Eyes closed too tightly to truly be asleep. The boy was faking sleeping. Well now he’ll know better then to play that game.
I love him.
Picture Dump








2 comments:
Ari is getting SO BIG!
Awww - that is a cute story!
How many bedrooms do you have? I only have 2 - wish I had one more.
Post a Comment