24.7.08

10 Month Old Dr. Visit

At every doctor appointment several measurements are taken to see how your baby is growing and where on a chart they fall in percentile ratings. The main measurements are height, weight and head circumference. Now, considering Rob and my roles are slightly in reverse he's the one who takes the kids to the doctor while I'm at work. For the past few visits, my questions are always the same. How much does she weigh? How tall is she? By now, you would think Rob would be ready with the answers right? Especially since at the last appointment Dr. S made mention to her head being off the charts in size, and when Rob could not quite detail to me if that was a bad thing, I ended up having to call Dr. S for clarification. You would think after that he'd be sure to have all the details right?

Right??



Our conversation...

ME So how'd it go?

ROB
She's ok.

ME
How much does she weigh?

ROB
22 point something pounds

ME
And how tall is she?

ROB
52 inches

ME
52? **awkward pause as I do that math**
That would put her only slightly shorter then us.

ROB
Well maybe it's 32 then

ME
Maybe?

ROB
It was something with a 2
Sigh. Well you'll be happy to know that although her head is still big (and it makes me giggle just to say that) everything is fine and there's no worry. She just has a big head. And no. Rob couldn't tell me how big her head was either. Oh Well.

2 comments:

Sally-Anne said...

I never noticed her having a big head. I thought she was pretty pudgy is all, but proprtionally so! I was 24 lbs on my first birthday so I guess she'll be about the same.

Heather Cicione Photography said...

WOW, 10 months old already!! She really is the spitting image of your mother.
22lbs. amazing since you and Rob probably still weigh 22lbs. lol.