25.8.08

Have I really gone a month without posting?

I feel terrible not having come in here and updated you all on everything. Summer is coming to a close and Ari starts pre-pre-pre-school in 2 weeks. I'm totally excited about this! So what have I missed out in telling you all? We did a small get away with the kidlets to the #1 drivable family vacation spot. Ocean City, NJ. Totally perfect albeit quick getaway.

Nilsa turns 11 months old in 2 days. I'm in the throws of party preparation so watch your mailboxes for the invitation to her soirée. My baby turns ONE. She is toddling around and takes maybe one or 2 steps before completely losing her balance. I'm sure she'd be walking if not for very small feet/very big booty syndrome. LOL. She's a total doll and she has started playing WITH Ari or better said, Ari allows her to play with him when he feels like it. So that's my quick post. Onto the mini vacation details...

Ocean City Getaway in Pictures
Absolutely LOVELY trip. Short but we have made the decision to come back for a week or maybe more next year. Ride down was uneventful as the kids slept.


We stopped quickly for a bite to eat on the Atlantic City boardwalk


and while Rob ran around the exhibit floor of the DJ convention and got some inspiration for our company there, Ari, Nilsa and I walked the boardwalk.




Following that we headed to Ocean City. Hands down, a PERFECT family destination. No riff raff. No alcohol. No high rises. Just boardwalk, beach and games. Relaxation. Evening into night was spend walking around town and on the boardwalk.

Ari liked the kites




Wednesday we spent the morning into the afternoon at the beach. A feat in itself as Rob is NOT a fan of sand. If he had the option he'd be in the ocean swimming. I on the other hand HATE the water and love the beach. So he spent most of the time with Ari and a little girl who sat by us name Isabel playing in the sand and Nilsa just fell in and out of sleep.

































After getting back to the room and cleaning off as much sand as possible. We headed to eat and then to the boardwalk. This time to play games and ride rides


You know Rob loves his kid when he is SOOO excited to get on the NASCAR ride but isn't tall enough so Rob squeezed himself into the ride with him.




And again. Not tall enough so I rode the train with him.






Then we found some rides he could ride alone.




And then I rode a roller coaster ride with him which he was excited about until we were on it and then he did NOT like it


So back to the safe rides






And then game playing








Nilsa woke up earliest the next morning. But both days the kids slept the night through. Rob with Ari and Me with Nilsa.

A happy girl waking up




She was so loud she woke up Ari




So we packed up, checked out and hit the boardwalk one last time. We would have loved to go to the beach again but OH WELL.


Ever see a kid say no to ice cream? In his defense he didn't like that it was blue


Watching the baby parade. As you can see Nilsa was not a happy camper. She fell asleep shortly after




So we did what we did best - play video games. I can't wait till they're older to play with them. We are such a video game family.




Ari didn't quite get that you needed to roll skeeball. He wanted to throw and then when his throws weren't going far enough, he walked up the thing.
























And that's all folks. Wish I was still there...

2 comments:

FrancesM said...

Looks like a great time was had! We have been meaning to go there but this year we didn't do anything. Pretty sad...

Glad Ari goes on rides alone willingly unlike my son where I do have to squeeze this big tushie in all those small seats! :)

Sally-Anne said...

Looks like a blast! I love the chubby-legs photo the best. :)