31.7.08

Grateful & Sentimental

It’s midnight. I should be asleep as I work tomorrow but instead I stayed up with Rob and as he worked discussed both the mundane things in life as well as casual mentions of where we want to be going forward. It is times like these that I realize how on the same page we are. Although I might be overly ambitious in my *want to dos* and he maybe at times a neurotic perfectionist, together we’re a balance of people with largely the same objectives and goals in life. We work so well together. How many people can say that not only do they love their spouse but also can successfully WORK with them without wanting to chew their heads off?

So here I sit in bed with my laptop. I quietly snuck a peak at my teething Little Ms. Nilsa and my adorable Arias and being the mom that I am listened to both of them breathe with the heavenly sounds that only your own child can make. They are beautiful children. I am at a place in life where, no, not everything is perfect. My house is a mess, I complain about not having time to do everything I really want to do, etc. But my life has a feeling of being complete. I could not have asked for anything better. And for that, I am grateful.

1 comment:

Heather Cicione Photography said...

You've finally realized it's perfectly fine to just be in the moment, where you are, and see what is done and what needs to be done...and be okay with that. Good for you. Isn't motherhood magical?