22.9.08

Catching up

I left the house today to the sounds over the monitor of Nilsa singing. She’s obsessed with one song in particular that she will sing in her own way. She has finally figured out how to stand up by herself. She can almost get up from a sitting position without the help of something to pull up on. She’s becoming so much more confident in walking and will let go of things freely to toddle around. She seems so much happier to be able to have the liberty to walk around. This Saturday she turns one.

So many things have been going on and life in general continues being busy. I have not actively written on here because it’s just been difficult to find the time to really write out my thoughts in a cohesive manner. Right now I can’t even do so, as I’m trying hard to figure out what to do or say or post right now. So I guess I’ll do a small photo dump recap.

Nilsa’s baptism.
Almost 2 months ago. Gah, I’m so far behind. Kathy and Eddie are her godparents and we had everyone shuttle to New York for the baptism to my hometown parish. I love my parish. It has such a sense of home for me. And I was welcome to the sight of my 8th grade friends as Chris was baptizing his daughter that same day. So I got to see the guys I went to school with 17 years ago. And to book we went to Caffé on the Green for dinner following and Chris was holding his daughter’s celebration at the same place. Kismet. It was great seeing the guys who, I’m sure, don’t realize how much they were a salvation to me as a kid. They were the open arms and caretakers when I was at my most vulnerable and I need to go all therapy like on them one day and send them thank you notes for being there when I needed them although I’m sure they didn’t notice it then. But back to my beautiful little Miss. Nilsa, she looked absolutely darling in a dress so lovingly made by the mother of the person I consider my sister – Cindy. The dress was perfection and she looked absolutely darling in it with her white flower. It was such a great day surrounded by families and just so much fun. I felt so calm and jovial and it was the epitome of celebratory. No stresses, just smiles. Everyday should be that perfect.















Ari starts school
The week before last, Ari started his first day at pre-preschool. He loves it and I can only wish it was more then 2 days a week for 3 hours a day.







Nilsa’s birthday is on Saturday so stay tuned for pictures of her party on Sunday.

No comments: