I'll admit to being a social media freak. I have a myspace account which I barely check because myspace is thoroughly annoying. I have a facebook account that I live off of. I'm on twitter. If you google LaFlacaD you'll find much of everything I'm involved with online. I have a blog so life is generally an open book. And since the middle of this year, this life has come around full circle and so much of my past has found me and I've managed to see so many people that I had not seen for such a long time either in person, via e-mail or *gasp* on T.V.
Memories of Saint Francis of AssisiSFA is my elementary school. Over the last few months I've been lucky enough to meet up with the girls from my class for lunch. They have remained friends and get together on occasion to catch up. I then quite accidentally ran into the guys taht I went to school with at Nilsa's baptism which I mentioned in my previous post. And recently I have been blessed to work as the videographer to the beautiful Josephine on her absolutely FABULOUS wedding. It is truly a thrill to have caught up with everyone after 17 years!
Old pictures they'll kill me for posting
at the lunch meet up with the girls
at Nilsa's baptism
At Josephine's wedding
Brushes with FameA few weeks ago I found myself watching a preview for "The Rachel Zoe Project" on Bravo

Being a glutton for all things style of course I was going to watch the show. I just about fell off my chair when I saw her husband Rodger Berman come on the screen. I did a double take but yep, I recognized him and realized the famous Rachel Zoe was Rodger's Rachel - Rachel Zoe. Rachel Rosensweig. Back in hmmm 2000/2001 I worked for a dot com in the city. Rodger was my boss. Rachel was the stylist for The Backstreet Boys back then. I remember calling and RSVP'ing her for several fashion week shows. I also got a coach tote bag from her which is the only coach bag I have yet to own and NO, I don't use it because it's not even my style and I have no idea where it is (probably in one of the plastic bins I have stacked against the basement wall!) But I called my other boss at that time almost immediately and he downright laughed at me with my excitement of it all. I'm so happy that Rodger is in such a good place right now and knowing him and her through her various phone calls back then, she is totally fabulous and great and its a shame she has so many haters. i am happy to see her hair showing its natural wave as back in 2001 she always straightened it. This is my claim to fame and brush with greatness right now although Rob laughs at me and calls me silly because I know Rodger and NOT Rachel and its been 7 years.
Online connectionsThere is an immense number of people on facebook and linkedin that I managed to get back in tough with and have not had the opportunity to hook up with as of yet. Time is not on my side for this all. But I hope to get it together soon.
3 comments:
Gonna hunt you down for posting that first one!
LOL.
Insanely jealous! I love, love, love the Zoe Camp. So much fun!!
Post a Comment