Well I'm in the best place to be on the computer. The comfort of my own bed. In a quiet house where both Rob and Nilsa are fast asleep. Ari and I finished having breakfast. As I filed a nail that broke he asked me to file his nails too. Who am I to say no to that. So we both had a mini manicure (LOL) as everyone slept and then he decided he wanted to watch the Circus.
Was it last month that Lenette took him to the circus? Ringling Bros. He obviously loved it and she got him the BEST gift ever there. A circus DVD. He asks to watch it every now and again. And that is what he did this morning. So as I sit here typing away, he sits next to me watching the DVD. Well not necessarily sitting all the time. He imitates the performers on the screen as they do their things. Right now he's watching the Fernandez brothers jump around with their acrobatics so he does it with them. Totally engrossed!
He narrates it as it happens to. His vocabulary has totally blown up lately. He's VERY much understandable now. What he says impresses me daily. But that has to be the case with every parent no? His latest fascination is the video series AniMusic. They showed segments of this between shows on TV and he became totally engrossed . So Rob bought the DVD's. This is his current favorite track...He bounces and walks around the house playing a drum saying he's the bouncing 'robot'. He's the one to the far right obviously.
He jams out to the congas and the mini timbal set he has and sets them up together to be able to imitate the video. He tries to follow the beat at times and at others he just goes insane. Rob really wanted to encourage this love for drumming. So much so that he went on craigslist and look what we now have?


They are loud and awesome and we love them as much as he does. I'm not even joking. There's nothing better then watching him jam out to Animusic on his drums.

This is basically when we first bought them out to show him.
And in some pictures he looks like SUCH a big boy. I mean, look at him.

And yet I'm one of those odd moms that is excited to see both Ari and Nilsa grow. I honestly don't miss the baby phase at all. I can't wait till Nilsa gets a bit older. I think the toddler phase, with all its drama and tantrums is by far the best phase so far!
And speaking of Nilsa. My little pudge pot is thinning out. She's still squishable but her hair has grown. You wouldn't know it by looking at the pictures but wet, it's all the way down her back. But dry its fabulously curly and beautiful.


And with that, Nilsa is awake. Things are good. Love to you all.
1 comment:
They are both adorable. The drums look soo cool but I think I would get a headache eventually! lol
Post a Comment