It was on Thursday the 8th of October that I came to this realization...
I need a day off. I’ve only had ONE day off without the full time job, a wedding, a sweet 16 or a bridal show since returning from vacation August 9th. My next day off is on the 24th of this month. Over 2 weeks away. It slows down after that. It is what I'm looking forward to. Time to catch up on my kids, on my laundry and on my life. Yesterday, I told Rob about this not having a day off and he disagreed. He said "We went out such and such day and such and such day." And he was right. We did. But they were Fridays after my full day of work. November looks fairly slow so although I'm happy at the prospect of that it also = no money coming in so...double edge sword anyone?That adrenaline came to a screeching halt the beginning of this week. I managed to go through with work on Monday, hobbled in on Tuesday and just could not on Wednesday. I totally crashed. My body just gave in. Overcome with exhaustion, congestion, sore throat and hefty body aches I slept the entire day Wednesday. I was forced into taking a day off by my body who decidedly slammed me over the head with a shovel and then ran me over with a truck.
Someone explain to me where I get my adrenaline from cause that's all I'm running on lately
The sleep though felt good. And although I was up an about for when the kids got home, and although I was far from feeling 100% or even remotely rested, I did feel better and that is better then nothing. So safe to say, remember to relax because if you don't, your body will force you to.
I'm behind here. I have so much I want to say and I hope to have the time and motivation to let you all in on the great things that are going on in the lives of Ari and Nilsa. They have grown so much in the past months, are really coming into their own and I just marvel at them. So in lieu of that, some pictures of them.









And this past Tuesday Rob and I hit the 7 year mark on our wedding anniversary. Seven years together as husband and wife. Why does it not seem like the wedding was that long ago??
2 comments:
My body seems to be doing the same thing, telling me to give it a rest. I need to listen.
You have beautiful children.
My body talks to me too... I usually tell that bitch to shut up. She takes it for a while and then she shuts.me.down.
Hope you're feeling better.
Great blog, btw.
K
Post a Comment