For his birthday we went with a ROBOT Theme and I blogged about it over at the Colorblind Productions blog: Robot Party So you can go over there and see the creative robot cake I made and the Robots that decorated

He is enjoying his gifts immensely, and we are slowly introducing him to the many games he received for his Leapster which is without a doubt a fabulous gift. One of my favorite moments of his party was when he went into the breezeway and spied his uncle’s gift: a radio flyer big wheel.

He openly said “WOW, Cool” and then proceeded to want to ride it outside. It’s very cold for that so even though we had lots of people in our little house he got to ride it a bit over people’s toes.
So his birthday has come and gone and he’s a proud four years old and now mama can move into Christmas mode. Doing that 2 weeks before Christmas can leave me a bit stressed, but thankfully, Rob is totally on top of his game as leaving me tend to Ari’s birthday took the reins and started the holiday gift purchases, etc. Honestly though, we’ve always been what I call Christmas Eve shoppers. To this day one of my fondest memories was Rob and us timing how long it would take us to buy all the gifts on our list. This was earlier in our relationship and it was one or 2 days before Christmas. 3.5 hours for 9 of his immediate family’s gifts and 2 of mine. And we managed that included in the travel between places (3 malls and 2 shopping centers.) We’ve failed at beating that time since then. There is still this odd rush in getting things done at a procrastinator’s rate. I have issues.
We had our first parent teacher’s conference last week too. I worried about the result but Rob, of course, did not. What we heard was not surprising. Ari gets easily distracted and sometimes won’t listen but has gotten very good at finally sitting still. He can be a bit of a fresh mouth, vocalizing quite voraciously when he does not want to do something. He’s very helpful, doesn’t really take naps during nap time and is happily in charge of waking up the other kids. He barely eats snack and is VERY slow at eating lunch. It was nice to hear a teacher remark on how bright he is, knowing all his letters, and being able to count to 100 (all thanks to Rob), so big proud mama moment there. I really do love his school.
There is so much more I want to share and I will…in another post.
No comments:
Post a Comment