So, yep, this pregnancy is a bit of a surprise. I say a bit cause in all honesty, we weren't doing anything to prevent it, but we weren't necessarily trying. We adopted the theory "Whatever happens, happens" which let all pressure off of us and onto the universe, God, or whatever other supernatural force there is out there in the world.
How I found out...
Taken from my 'other' journal' post when I found out....
I can tell you right now, that finding out your pregnant, at the start of a work day in the bathroom at work, isn't the best place to find out! Needless to say, I managed to successfully do NOTHING at work that day and just completely freak out. But I was (obviously) in denial as well...Now you all know (and if you don’t I’m about to tell you) that I have a really messed up body that decides it wants to do what it wants to do when it wants to do it right? And for the last 2 months I have been relying on – with success – NakedJen’s Dreamsweat natural tea remedy to kind knock my body back into whack and make it realize that a menstrual cycle per every 4-6 months isn’t quite normal. And it’s worked marvelously. Seriously. I haven’t felt so good in a long time. So, Ms. Naked recommended for me to TEST myself before starting the tea to be on the safe side, as the tea has a small dosage of black cohosh which does not really do well with pregnancy. So, I’m supposed to start drinking my tea that day and in anticipation purchased discounted pharmaceutical paraphernalia (i.e. pregnancy test) that was a good deal I guess (3 for the price of 2) at the Duane Reade on my way to work and made my way to work. Got to the lavatory, sat my ass in a stall and did my duty. Not a minute later, I saw what I usually see and then doubled back to realize that what I usually see doesn’t necessarily LOOK like that. Actually what I was seeing didn’t look like anything I’d seen before and didn’t look like anything anyone should be seeing...
I think I 'may" be pregnant. The test is inconclusive as I had a very predominant vertical line and a very very very light horizontal line. But in any case - it's the vertical line that is the important line. And well - this would be 4-5 days before I anticipate my period having to start so yeah, I could be completely wrong here but I think I may be pregnant.
How I told Rob
Simple no? Then we go to the game and we can't talk anymore since family is around. Great timing Dianne.Me: We need to Talk
Rob: What did I do now?
Me: Nothing. Nothing's wrong or anything...I just need to tell you something
***pause***
Me: I think I may be pregnant
Rob: OH. Wow. I guess that tea works.
1 comment:
whoo hoo! is it okay if i link to you from my blog?
i do think you'll really enjoy this, by the way. it's great for your family/friends to follow along.
Post a Comment