14.6.05

Hospitals sell your name and when am I going to start to show?

Haven't posted in a while so I figure we're due for an update no?

Seems that the wonderous Saint Barnabas Medical Center after recieving my information as to my pregnancy, thought it appropriate to sell my name and mailing address to whoever it is they felt like as, I have received a Gerber Promise pin, a Parenting magazine invite, a motherhood maternity catalog and some baby announcement catalog....oh how fun! NOT! Absolutely ridiculous. I am happy tht these guys don't have my e-mail address cause I don't need anymore SPAM.

So, today is Tuesday the 14th. Depending on what date you wish to go by, I'm either 12 weeks or 14 weeks. I'm saying 14 weeks which means I'm in the 2nd trimester. Whoop dee do. I'm supposed to gain the most weight in this trimester. So when do I start showing??

I can't get over this excess skin thing I have. It's not so much that I have a belly as it is that my skin seems to have doubled or something and just flabs out. I can now actually grab a chunk of skin in my hand. It's like I was overweight and lost a bunch of weight and now have to figure out how to get my skin to tighten up. It is odd. I am assured by others that it's my body's way of preparing itself for when I do start to show. Someone even mentioned how I'm lucky as my belly won't be stretching itself cause my skin is setting itself up for that. We'll see. So what do I look like now - well this was about a week ago...and I'm not good at taking 'self' portraits of my stomach (obviously)

Pictures taken 6/7/05




Blurry front view


I think I really should add some pictures for reference no?? Lets compare.

Pre pregnancy....


Ok - so you remember the last picture I posted right??? at 8 weeks


So here I am now 12/13 weeks...




And to remember what I looked like over the years…LOL

At my prime - 20 years old and HOT


Pre-pregnancy


I know this is blurry - but me now (notice - same pants as the previous photo.)


My mom says I won't show until maybe the 5th/6th month as that was the case with her. We'll see.

2 comments:

Krystal Muellenberg said...

I CANNOT believe your hospital would sell your name. That HAS to be against HIPAA and privacy laws. That would make me mad too. I would say you are 14 weeks too...because I KNOW you are more than one week before me. I swore you were more than three weeks in front of me too, but then again my brain is mush.

LaFlacaD said...

Well, it couls also be my doctor. I mean, honestly it could be a myriad of things. I really don't care much so whatever. With the amount of crap mail I get - more will make no difference.

Now if this puts me in line for FREE stuff - well they can give my name to anyone LOL