"In 2 weeks you won't fit into anything anymore"So he wants me to go shopping. I'm fighting it. Not because I don't want new clothes, and not because I see something wrong in buying clothes bigger then I usually buy them, but because shopping prior to being pregnant was bad enough as I HAD long legs, small hips, small waist and a short back span. Now I have long legs, slightly larger but still small hips, diminishing waist, a short back span PLUS a belly. GREAT! I have no idea what will look good on me so I don't even know where to begin on picking stuff off the rack and then I have no idea how bad these entire shopping experiences will end up being. And I whined as much to Rob about it. Complain, complain, complain. I've become a broken record. But seriously, I've been in maternity departments in both Old Navy and in Target. I've picked up their size small and extra small. And I've tried it on. Guess what? Damn shirts look like a muu muu on me. Honestly don't fit for anything. I look like a complete ass. And it's not that I don't have a big enough belly to fill out the top - it's that they are fitted incorrectly to the top of my torso (no my breasts, arms, and back have not in anyway expanded - and the fact that my Boobs are not any bigger is my big let down so far - It's the one thing I was looking forward too but I have time for that right?)
And I'll make mention that I've had this problem before I was pregnant. That's why most of my tops are stretch or stretch knit so that they accommodate the fact that I'm not wide enough for other tops such as button down shirts which I do own an number of and which just now started to fit correctly into waist but I still get that bubble back thing cause again - the top portion of my torso just never fits in. Hell, before I was pregnant I couldn't even wear an Old Navy or New York and Company XS without it being wide and with the bubbling back problem.
I just noticed I carried my whining and complaining from Rob to here. AARRGGHH.
OK - so my plan is to go to my FAVORITE thrift store. And you know Rob really wants me to buy new clothes if he's offering to actually GO to said thrift store with me. I about fainted when he said that. But that's my plan. With maternity wear running at a minimum cost of $30 for a goddamn shirt, I doubt I'll be buying much that's not 'used' and will be sticking for now (or at least for shirts) with oversized numbers. Rob wants me to invest in tunics. How I wish I could wear pajamas all the time. That would be my salvation. Elastic waist PJ's and an oversized t-shirt. Now that's comfort.
Bugaboo confliction, hand me downs and recommended 'necessities'
Seems that I'm hearing from my other online friends (one who was seriously considering the Bugaboo and opted against it and the one that actually owns one) that, yes, they are a fabulous carriage and yes, they maneuver lovely but that 1. it really isn't commuter friendly (and I really want a commuter friendly vehicle) and 2. it's got folding issues. But the one who owns it has agreed to let me test drive hers to see what I think. More to come on that.
And Rob and I both agree, that we don't mind getting hand me downs from people. Afterall, baby grows out of things and there are people out there who have saved a messload of stuff so my friend Carol will lovingly give me some maternity wear and I will be looking though her collection of strollers (yes I said 'collection') and additional baby items that I will be considering going forward.
Not yet taking anything as I fall under the superstitious don't want to jinx it mentality.
And another couple/friend recommended some contraption they LOVE that they put their baby girl in. They did not have the 'name' of said thing and I'd have to e-mail them for it but the baby sit in it and its like a motion moving thing that moves them right left and up and down so that they are consistently cradled. They swear by this as a calming thing for baby, so I have to track this miracle item down.
2 comments:
Ugh, I have to go shopping soon too, and I don't want to. I have no clue what I will fit into now, and how long I will fit into it. And I saw a high chair and thought of you. It was an Eddie Bauer one and it was mostly wood with a plastic tray. It wasn't super beautiful (or cool like that vintage one) but it was better than the completely plastic ones with pooh on them. :) I tried to post a link, but I can't figure it out.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000CAOOM/104-3662336-9122361?v=glance&s=baby&me=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&vi=pictures&img=14#more-pictures
Post a Comment