This is a simple cold people - and to me it's almost like a death sentance. I never realized my reliance on Nyquil - my love for the red liquid that gives me the nightime sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffly head, fever so you can sleep and feel better medicine. And even today - that the sore throat is gone, although I'm still booger city with a bright red "I've obviously blown one too many times" nose and watery eyes - as I sit at my desk wondering why the hell I even bothered to come into work in the first place, there is nothing I crave more then Nyquil.
**sigh**
Still Growing and Growing and Growing
I know many people that say considering how far along I am that I look great. I don't feel like I'm the picture of pregnancy - honestly I feel like I look far more pudgey then I should be but then again I was soo thin to begin with that it's not surprising that I find myself feeling like I look like a big mold of pudge. So yeah - I'm getting bigger.
(this picture taken last week so I'm sure I'm probably even bigger now.) And yes - I cut off my head myself since I look ghastly in that picture.
**excuse me as I blow my nose for the 1000th time**
Talk of a Baby Shower and a Registry
I was talking to mom about my baby shower - just basic stuff, nothing specific or anything. I know I'm not supposed to be involved (as much as a freaking anal contol freak that I am.) I want to make it aware that I really want to KNOW when my baby shower is. It's not like I don't think I'll have one. It has been mentioned by more then one individual. But I think I'd really enjoy not having it be a surprise. Greeting guests as they arrive or such would be so much more my style. I like the thought of not having everyone have to wait for me, and not having to try to 'figure out' how to get me someplace. Not to mention the fact that 9 times out of 10 these things aren't really surprises anyhow (someone's mouth is ALWAYS bound to 'slip' some detail or other.)
So with the mention of shower comes the realization of a Registry. Have I been researching stuff? Yes. Have I made a mock registry up? UM Yes. Have I reviewed all the stuff on it with Rob yet? No. But that's the next step. Basically I did a mock up of things I both believe I need and things that have been recommended to me. Many of the things on it are duplicated because those are things Rob has to look over and decide on specifically (i.e. he is in charge of all electronical things such as monitors and such...and I have given him final say on the stoller which we are to decide on...more on this later) so yeah, if you guys are curious I have begun a registry on both Babies R Us and Baby Universe (an online only retailer that has the bedsheets want) As I stated, the registries are ONLY a starting point for us and do not include everything and actually do include some things that HAVE to be removed. But if you are knowledgeable on baby stuff and feel that you would like to comment on the items, feel free to comment or e-mail me your suggestions. These are all done online, so we haven't really even set foot in a store, so yes - things are bound to change.
Speaking of Removing things and adding things - I had a long conversation with Rob about strollers. Needed to educate him as he didn't even quite know what an umbrella stoller was, etc. He is afterall in charge of selecting the stroller for us. I, previously mentioned that my top choices were the Bugaboo and the Phil & Ted E3 Stroller. He's already ruled out the E3 saying he was unimpressed with it in his online searching. I'm proud that he has started to actually research this stuff. I think it helped to give him the website DaddyTypes which is a fabulous site that is written by a man for men, so it's focus is on the dad perspective. It's funny to read the reviews of stollers on that site since they really are different. Whereas woman would mention how smooth, 'pretty' and functional said stollers are, guys seem to concentrate much more on the specs and stats of the product. Quite a differing kind of mentality.
I think that's enough babble for today. I'm off to blow my nose again. FUN.
Oh and for those of you who inquire all the time...
I am 24 weeks into my pregnancy, and have have 16 weeks to go.
154 days have passed since the conception, and there are 112 days before the due date.
58% of the pregnancy has passed, there is 42% left to go.
2 comments:
I was looking at your blog whilst searching for alternative care health medicine
alternative care health medicine are easy to find at alternative care health medicine
Hey, since you are preggers, i came across your blog looking for dos and donts with nyquil and pregnancy - yours came up - and i love the red magic too, although pregnant myself, i took a swig and couldnt have been happier in sleepy lala land. just wanted to let you know about a great website, my good friend jessica owns it - it is for photo cards, and she is great, super personal, you will work directly with her until you are happy with the outcome of your card. she is found at www.lifekissesyou.com - her prices are outrageously affordable - better in comparison to hallmark even! check her out, and enjoy, good luck in prego land and go easy on the red stuff as i have.
from one bright red rudolph the red nosed reindeer look alike to another!
Post a Comment