11.10.05

32 weeks - last week of the 7th month...

Goodness, is time flying or what?



211 days have passed since the conception
55 days before the due date

32 weeks into your pregnancy
8 weeks to go

3rd trimester
79% of the pregnancy has passed, there is 21% left to go
So, the latest and greatest belly pictures...




So I am steadily and obviously growing here. And here's another picture at Kathy's Shower this past Saturday. The 2 pregnant woman. Kathy is like 2-3 weeks ahead of me. Black is such a wonderful color to hide with. LOL.



OW - PAIN IS SOO NOT COOL
I left work on Monday and I didn't get to go to the bathroom before leaving. I always go to the bathroom before I leave work, not because I have to but because I want a comfortable ride home without getting the urge to pee 1/2 way. In any case, I make it up two blocks and start getting a side pain. As if I'd been running for too long a period of time except I'm NOT running, I'm walking my regular pace. I've had this pain before and attribute it to full bladder. But come the next block and a 1/2 it has spread over most of my 'uterus' and increased. Another block and I was literally forced to stop and lean on a phone booth and breathe. It hurt like HELL. I was there for a minute and with only a block and a 1/2 and about 70 stairs down to the train where I would be able to sit down. Using that as my motivation, I headed off. Every step was painful and I just concentrated on breathing and the seat that would be in my future. Got to the train, sat in the 'late' train and was immediately RELIEVED just by sitting down. I don't know where the pain came from and chalked it up to really bad BH Contraction (BH being Braxton Hicks which is a preparedness contraction) because my stomach was ROCK HARD and the pain was rather bad....Not horrible, but enough to bring tears to my eyes. I called Rob up to let him know I was running late and why. Then just enjoyed the ride home where my stomach did not get 'softer' until I was switching trains. At Newark I hit the bathroom and was 100% better then. I know it wasn't a 'real' contraction as the pain was all in the top region of my belly, and no pain really to the lower region. Just odd.

But it made me realize that this 'timing of contractions' is going to be impossible for me without some sort of remote assistance as I lost all concept of time in the pain. Rob insists I get a stopwatch. The one that lets you time more then once. Funny man, but he may have a point.

I'm a very informed pregnant woman
See, I don't think I much freaked out about the pain because I've read up so much about labor and such since I started becoming fascinated with it last month, that I JUST KNEW that it wasn't a 'real' contraction. The pain was too far up and I had absolutely no pain, shift, or pressure in my nether regions. I chalked it up to a rather weird BH. And since I wasn't flipping out, Rob wouldn't either. I admit that once I stopped being a rock hard belly I was very patiently waiting to feel movement and I got what I wanted and was free to really just enjoy the train ride home. I went online last night and did some small research. I found some interesting details.

~During BH contractions the top of your uterus (fundus) remains fairly pliant. Not rock hard. Good to know if I freak out and try to figure out what I'm going through.
~Normal contractions usually begin as back pain and grow UP your uterus feeling more like very bad menstrual pains
~BH contractions typically are more annoying then painful but because they can cause a stretch of your ligaments, then they can be painful.
~BH contractions can stop upon shifting positions or eating something. Regular contractions don't stop like this

So last night I pretty much decided that it was BH and the doc confirmed as much to me. I told her that I had drank water all day so I was hydrated. That the pain began on my side and traveled around and stayed in the general vicinity and didn't travel up or down. That it stopped immediately upon sitting down. Blah blah blah. She agreed it was definitely BH's and that my bladder being full probably helped push my uterus up during the contraction stretching a ligament and causing the pain.

I'm good.

She did say that is was a nice way of my body to give me a clue of what to expect soon enough. JOY. She measured my fundus all the way up between my ribs and right below my boobs. She was rather surprised to see that I wasn't having problems breathing and that I had no complaints of the baby in my ribs, etc. since it was so high up. But seriously - this kid is like hanging out low cause he hardly every travels very high up. That or I just don't feel him. She said I might expect some trouble breathing soon because the top is right by my lungs, but I might not considering I'm pretty active. Just describing how long my walk from the office to the train is she knows this...

Doc - "you ready to go cause you have so little time left"
Me - " I am so done with this. But I have no reason to complain as I'm carrying rather small in comparison to other individuals."
Doc - *laughing*"Yep, you are a nice size, but then again you are also a fairly small individual so that's not a surprise."

Next visit is my 34th week, then my 36th and from then on I go into the doc every week. WOW. I can't believe how close I am.

Preparing for Baby
The house reorganization has begun. The basement was moved around to make space for my new 'room' downstairs (we're just taking the current upstairs room and moving it downstairs. We are not finishing the basement for this so it's going to be HMMM interesting. All my clothes will be in the basement from now on. So will the loveseat and the larger TV and for that matter the digital cable. For this reason Rob has to rewire the basement - install new lighting (for which we spent an ungodly long 2 hours at Home Depot yesterday) and then he'll move everything in the room down probably within the next week leaving a blank slate for the kid's room.

Our bedroom starts getting worked on after that. We've chosen the paint color, some electric work will be done up here too and we have to put in the order to have the built in cabinet made.

Everything is coming together. Down to the homestretch now.

No comments: