28.6.06

Clearly I need to seriously bring this back to life

Times have been interesting around my household and I've completely neglected to keep up this blog which in all honesty I should do. Its a great vehicle to let everyone know what's going on in my world, how Ari is growing and everything else you can imagine.

So I resolve to be better at this. Really I do.

Ari is now over 6 months old. Time flies. I cannot believe that the chunky monkey was once a wee little man. Now he's a chubby little man. And he is just so darn cute. But as the 'parental unit' I would be biased to his cuteness status.


That's his latest picture. Taken 2 days ago on our couch. This has been quite the weekend of feats for my little man. Ari now can hold on to our fingers and pull himself into his favorite position in the world. Standing. He can't balance himself at all but he loves the position. He also discovered how to move his feet forward one after another in standing position to get himself to another location. Yesterday, for example, he surprised me by moving forward rather quickly to Rob.

And he's holding his bottle on his own. Or at least starting to. I know it doesn't seem like that big a deal but this is a step towards independance right? Not that I won't miss feeding him but he really is getting quite big to be sprawled across my lap and 1/2 on whatever I'm sitting on.

He still refuses to roll. He has done it in the past a few times but not with any consistency. And he thoroughly hates being on his stomach for more then a minute. Then again he still has that tony soprano tummy junting out in front of him. He's so damn chubby.

My favorite moments with him lately are when he wakes up. In his half dreamy state when I pick him up out of the crib he reaches out and hugs me. I know he doesn't get the notion of hugging yet but it is just an absolute joy to have him hug me then. I live for these moments.

He's such a daddy's boy though. His exuberance just seeing Rob still has not diminished. He babbles and wiggles and laughs just at the sight of daddy and he's always calling out to get Rob's attention. Seeing them play together just pulls at my heart strings.

And much to my mother's happiness he is now saved from 'original sin' what with being baptized on June 11th.

The fabulous godparents are Diannie & Manny

As always you can see pictures of him updated consistently. I have included a direct link to them on the right hand side of listings.


EDITED TO ADD
Went to the Doctor today for Ari's visit. The stats...

19.5 lbs
27 inches

Doc says
-probaby won't roll as he has shown no interest and not to freak out about it
-at the rate he's going, probably won't crawl as he'll probably learn to stand before he crawls
-start looking at safety locks for things in his reach cause he's 'bound to surprise us these days'
-obviously ahead of schedule in this whole walking thing thanks to strong legs and good trunk control
-go ahead given to start eating table foods. Bring on the rice and beans.
-quoting doc "Round and healthy baby"

3 comments:

Tammy said...

He's adorable D!

Andie said...

well I see you're getting back to blogging. Good. :)

Anonymous said...

been checking this place for months. I actually deleted it from my favorites. put you back now.