So I'm curious if people are reading this now that I've spammed a messload of people to say I'm returning to the blogging world. Are you reading? If so leave me a comment. I'd love to know that people are reading along in our misadventures.
Doesn't this look just perfect. How I want to sleep right at this moment.

So I anticipate plenty of pictures for you all to enjoy coming soon as we have quite the full weekend. 2 housewarming parties to attend alone. Should be a good time. So will post more at a later time.
Did you notice I changed the header? I find it very appropriate at this stage of my life. 6.5 months into this whole motherhood thing and I'm finally realizing that I'm stressing myself needlessly and this incredible sadness I let overtake me from time to time is counterproductive.
I think the realization that I can’t do everything finally hit me. And instead of taking things in stride and ultimately making the best of my priorities and concentrating on how to best work out my life I have gone into shut down mode. I figured I’d go into overdrive but no. Shut down.
So I’ve come to the conclusion that my take on being superwoman is truly an unrealistic expectation I am making on myself. I think that overwhelmingly, the guilt I feel as a mother with so much on her plate and so little time has fueled this Superwoman Syndrome to a new height. An unhealthy one at that. So I resolve for the sake of my sanity, my child, my husband, my family and my life to start letting go of my mental chatter; to learn to practice saying No and to remember no one's life is perfect (i.e. stop comparing myself to others or feeling jealousy.) Easy to say, hard to do but this is my new resolve.
I love this quote…
As mothers we need to take Superwoman off the pedestal and start putting a more realistic, imperfect, yet happier Mom up there.
I had a talk with Rob about this some time ago. It was a good talk and it made me come to realize some things. My thought pattern prior to this talk were all over the place and I was making things up in my mind and misconceiving things that were happening. I need to start talking and asking and stop assuming. I need to accept that things can’t be done by tomorrow and that time will be a necessity to complete what life has tasked for us. Fustration does no good. Happiness is acceptance.
If this makes no sense to you whatsoever it probably will as you read my posts from day to day. My constant battle with the superwoman syndrome is active on a daily basis. But I've been improving in this daily.
Funny though as I was reading Cookie Magazine the other day and this was my horoscope. Very appropriate
Sagittarius
You enjoy impossible challenges - but sometimes you ignore obstacles recklessly, causing the people who love you to worry. Instead of feeling discouraged, stop and think before taking big risks , ans assess whether their concerns have any validity.
5 comments:
I love reading along. It's a great way to know how your life is doing, plus you have an amazing was of expressing yourself
cindy O.
I'm around. I post in my blog all the time. you should stop by.
I'll be here. Might be just reading along, but here.
Hey there Dianne,
That was a great read. It gives you this aura of a concise and compact woman, rather than so complex. Life is about learning. Stepping into the parenting world just fills your life and complexes it so, but if we can control how we approach the complexities mindfully, I think that's truly Superwoman-ish.
I love reading your blog. You have such a way with words. I wish I could write so eloquently and effortlessly.
And you are superwoman in my book.
Post a Comment